About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
City of Hope has one of the most influential type 1 and type 2 diabetes research programs in the world. Our scientists' work has revolutionized the understanding and treatment of the disease and continues today with exciting developments in cell transplantation, gene regulation, immune tolerance and gaining systemic understanding of diabetes as a complex, multifaceted disease.
To learn more about our exciting research and accomplishments in the field of Diabetes, please visit https://www.cityofhope.org/research/riggs-institute . Position Summary
An Antibody Engineering Research Associate II position is immediately available for a bright, well-organized, motivated scientist in a multidisciplinary antibody development team led by Paul Yazaki, Ph.D. Research Focus
Dr. Yazaki's research focuses on antibody engineering of novel molecules for clinical applications. The scope of this research includes recombinant antibodies, antibody fragments, fusion proteins and antibody-based nanoparticles for the imaging and therapy of cancer. Areas of expertise include antibody design, discovery, engineering, expression, purification, biophysical characterization, in vivo preclinical animal models, process development and cGMP production. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Overall antibody engineering responsibilities include design, cloning, expression, purification and biochemical characterization of novel recombinant antibodies and fusion proteins
- Primer design, SOE-PCR, DNA isolation, cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, mammalian cell expression, protein purification, general molecular biology and biochemistry skills
- Documentation of data results and maintenance of a research lab
- The position requires semi-independence, an exceptional level of responsibility
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Two years related research/ laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree or One year related research/ laboratory experience with a Master's degree
- Master's degree with 2+ years of academic or industry experience
- Familiarity with animal research studies a plus
- For more information about Dr. Yazaki's research, please click here .
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Nov 5, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job