The Rabadan Lab (https://rabadan.c2b2.columbia.edu/) is a multi-disciplinary team at the Columbia University Medical Center consisting of computational and evolutionary biologists, applied mathematicians, physicists, and physicians. As part of the Departments of Systems Biology and Biomedical Informatics, we collaborate with clinicians and public health researchers from around the world to explore several disease systems, focusing particularly on the genetics and epidemiology of infectious diseases and cancer. As part of the Program for Mathematical Genomics we are building a vibrant community of researchers who use insights and techniques from computational topology and biological data to solve pressing biomedical problems.
We are now seeking postdoctoral researchers to join a creative team in a collaborative environment developing mathematical techniques for the analysis of high-dimensional, high-throughput sequencing and biological data.
- PhD degree in any quantitative science (preferably mathematics, computer science, physics, astrophysics, computational biology, statistics, or engineering) is required.
- Expertise in high-throughput sequencing technologies is highly valued.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of programming (Python, R, Java or C++) and statistical analysis with demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Practical knowledge of algorithms and databases is required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must.
Applications are open until all positions are filled.
Please be sure to apply online and include the following:
-Cover letter/statement of interest
-Names and contact information for three references
For any inquires, you may email: firstname.lastname@example.org