The Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (GLCCC) is seeking outstanding candidates for an NCI T32-funded, postdoctoral training program in Cancer Population Science (CPaS). We are currently recruiting for Spring/Summer/Fall 2022.
The program focuses on preparing trainees for independent research careers with a focus on clinical and community translational research. Training faculty have a wide breadth of domain-specific expertise with funded research programs in behavioral science, health disparities, epidemiology/biomarkers, cancer and aging, health services/health policy, and survivorship. The program offers 2-3 years of funding, competitive salary and benefits, as well as funds for travel and research support. The fellows will be mentored to develop their own program of funded research and have access to a robust training environment.
GLCCC is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the nation’s capital. Fellows participate in all phases of research, from study design through manuscript preparation, and participate in a formal didactic program. There also are opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary grant writing and the development of new projects and mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
Highlights of the training environment of the CPaS Program include:
- An established clinical consortium with access to the largest cancer population in the Mid-Atlantic
- A Minority Underserved NCORP site
- Two funded CISNET modeling groups
- The Jess and Mildred Fisher Center for Hereditary Cancer and Clinical Genomics Research
- The Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- The McCourt School of Public Policy
- The MedStar Health National Center for Human Factors in Healthcare
Applicants should have a PhD, MD, ScD, or DrPH in psychology, public health, health services, or other related field. Open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents only. Previous experience with cancer is desirable but not required.
Program details and application can be found at: https://lombardi.georgetown.edu/education/cpas-program/
Direct additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org