Scientist I - Immunology - Gene Therapy Research
Sarepta Therapeutics is seeking a motivated and creative individual to work in a key drug discovery group in our research organization and play a central role in gene therapy drug development for rare diseases. The successful candidate will participate in target discovery and validation efforts and characterize the mechanism of action of gene therapies through in vitro and in vivo preclinical proof of concept studies. Key activities will include designing and conducting critical immunology assay development in order to translate gene therapies through pre-clinical development and into clinical trials. Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as subject matter expert on gene therapy pre-clinical development for existing and new programs.
- Conduct immunology assays and laboratory activities to support clinical trials and R&D studies.
- Conduct laboratory activities in Sarepta in-house laboratory, interacts with research, translational biology and bioanalytical groups.
- Ownership of a new or ongoing immunology assay to help drive pre-clinical development through stage gates and key milestones to support regulatory and clinical development.
- Maintains compliant laboratory records, consistently and accurately documents all laboratory activities in laboratory notebooks and internal technical reports.
- Work in cross-functional manner to design and plan pre-clinical GT studies in collaboration with other research group and other key stakeholders.
- Author development reports and powerpoint slide decks, study protocols, and pre-clinical study reports to communicate ongoing activities internally and externally.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Ph.D. with 0-3 years experience or M.S. degree in Biology or related field with 5+ years relevant lab experience
- Hands-on experience with immunological techniques including ELISA, ELISpot assay, and Flow cytometry.
- Prior experience with human samples (PBMC) is a plus.
- Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently with strict adherence to laboratory methods and SOPs.
- Demonstrates proficient written and oral communication and presentation skills and a documented ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Experience with statistical and computer productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Desire to work in a high-functioning, collaborative team
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and to make a difference in the lives of people through our innovative medicines
- Recognized by former peers, colleagues, managers and direct reports for attributes congruent with Sarepta Values: Drive, Excellence, Resilience, Teamwork, Innovation and Compassion
- Due to the nature of work, schedule includes occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Familiarity with a wide range of methodologies outside of immunology- ELISA, ELISpot,cell culture, standard molecular biology and biochemical techniques, including PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, western blotting, etc. is a plus.
- Experience working with animal models and/or in gene therapy or related field is useful.
- Knowlegde of GDP, GLP, and GCLP environment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.