Immunology Group within Translational Research Department uses traditional and cutting-edge technology to ensure the safety of all therapeutic strategies at Spark. It is also responsible for the proof-of-concept studies design and execution for treatment of autoimmune diseases, choice of autoimmune indications and establishing the candidate development strategy from Research to Preclinical stage. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to, in collaboration with other team members and groups, propose, design, plan and coordinate execution of in vivo and in vitro studies with the goal of studying ocular immunology in context of AAV-mediated gene delivery into the eye.
The (Senior) Scientist is going to be a member of Immunology Group within the Translational Research Department. He/She will be responsible for:
• Planning, executing and/or overseeing project which objective would be to characterize immune responses related to AAV gene delivery into the eye
• Design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze, and interpret results from immune, bioanalytical, and molecular techniques involving genomics, transcriptomics (e.g., single-cell RNA sequencing, RNA in situ hybridization, etc.)
• Strategic planning, execution, and reporting of pre-clinical immunology studies; proposing novel strategies of preventing and/or treat immune responses that might arise after AAV gene delivery
• Keep abreast of new scientific and technical advances reported in the literature to support expansion and advancement of Immunology group projects
Design, plan, execute and/or coordinate the execution of the proof-of-concept studies, including exploration of new technologies such as in vitro assay systems development for testing potential therapeutics and their in-depth molecular analysis
Strategic data analysis, review and reporting in the form of study reports and summary presentations
Performance of cross-functional projects to support Immunology Group at large
Education and Experience Requirements
• Ph.D. in Immunology or related field
• 3-5+ years of post-graduate experience in ocular immunology. Gene therapy experience is not required but it would be of great advantage (AAV-based gene therapy is preferred)
• Experience in assisting and mentoring research associates
• Experience with design and execution of in vitro/in vivo experiments, data analysis, presentation, and scientific writing of data generated
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
• Strong will to innovate, learn and develop new technologies/assays and exhibiting care and thoroughness in data interpretation
• Organized record keeping, documentation, and reporting of research.
• Robust analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
• Proactive and collaborative mindset, exhibiting an enthusiastic team attitude.
• Experience managing external collaborations is a plus
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market:
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.