% of Time Job Function and Description
- Conduct experiments in the area of neurodegeneration, neuron cell biology, and histology (specimen preparation, processing, acquisition, and analysis).
- Provide technical support in running ex-vivo pre-clinical experiments to evaluate treatment efficacy and safety.
- Participate in key aspects of general lab management and organization (e.g., managing histology related reagents and histology samples inventories, and support team members with dayto-day activities).
Collaborate to perform experiments on the bench in support of the CNS research projects, including new assay development and troubleshooting. Data analysis and an extensive literature review
Oversee and/or provide technical support of specialized equipment as needed.
Manage CNS research samples and materials.
Manage reagents inventories.
Education and Experience Requirements
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in a relevant field preferred (Neuroscience, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Gene Therapy).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as Lab Assistant, Histology Technician or equivalent.
- Experience in AAV or gene therapy preferred, but not essential.
- Adept at conducting routine testing and limited troubleshooting of multiple methods.
- At least one year hands on experience in preparation and processing/staining of histological specimen (immunohistochemistry)
- Experience in RNAscope preferred, but not essential.
- Track record in microscopy and image acquisition and analysis
- At least one year hands on experience in general molecular biology (DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, RT-PCR, and Q-PCR), protein biochemistry and cell biological approaches.
- Ordering and receiving lab materials.
- Responsible and reliable in managing samples and running the experiments.
Nearest Major Market:
- Ability to build trust through operating with transparency and creating an open and positive environment.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot experiments.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
- Independently motivated and exceptionally detail oriented.
- Ability to learn new techniques and work independently after training.
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.