Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be part of a team that is addressing the critical task of rejuvenating our pipeline with innovative, differentiated First-In-Class/ Only-In-Class programs in the years to come.
This Scientist position is a lab based role. You have experience with molecular biology techniques for DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, next generation sequencing, and laboratory automation. You will perform lab-based development and validation of molecular biology assays for testing vaccine products. You will be expected to work efficiently with cross-functional teams.
With your deep knowledge of molecular biology and assay development, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently.How You Will Achieve It
- ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and validate PCR assays for detection of viruses and bacteria from clinical samples, including blood, nasal swabs, or other patient specimens.
- Prepare sequencing libraries and run next-generation sequencers.
- Implement new methods and equipment based on manufacturer's instructions.
- Operate Hamilton Vantage workstation for execution of high-throughput sample analysis.
- Use own scientific judgment to apply and adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience.
- Maintain lab records compliant with cGMP.
- Apply new cutting-edge technologies to improve throughput for in-process testing and enhance capability of product biological characterization.
- Support method transfers to other groups and external partners.
- Analyze results and methods, solve analytical problems,troubleshoot assays and meet regulatory expectations for analytics.
- Contribute to preparation and review of standard operating procedures, method development reports, and qualification/validation protocols and reports.
- Strong experience working in a highly regulated laboratory environment.
- Knowledge and expertise in principles and practice of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Understanding of DNA replication and the principles of PCR.
- BS in biological science or biochemistry or molecular biology with 6+ years research experience. Minimum of 4 years of experience in molecular biology and PCR.
- Strong assay development skills.
- Documentation skills including generating high-quality protocols, reports and documents for regulatory submissions and maintaining laboratory findings in an electronic notebook.
- Experience with molecular data analysis using specialized software and basic bioinformatics, familiarity with concepts in statistics.
- Ability to effectively manage, organize, and prioritize multiple projects, effectively communicate results to project team and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with laboratory automation and Hamilton robotics a plus.
- Work in a GxP lab
- Ability to use aseptic techniques and signature control methods to effectively prevent cross-contamination of samples during sequencing PCR testing.
- Hands-on skills in sequence data analysis
Ability to perform complex data analysis
Work in a BSL-2 lab using a Biological Safety Cabinet and laptop computers
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 15,2021
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development