The primary purpose of the Data Analyst position is to maintain databases appropriate to the design of research studies. Assist in clinical and operational management of research protocols for Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine Department.
1. Maintains and designs the system for management reports, coding, editing, and data entry for assigned research studies. Manages and performs current and accurate entry of all research data into both computerized and paper databases.
2. Resolves problems with clinical data and research data consistencies. Corresponds with trial monitors, nurses and primary investigators. Obtains outside correspondence from other sites and discusses and implements query resolutions with monitors.
3. Checks patient data to ensure all actions taken followed the assigned protocol. Ensures that all external documentation has been processed, edited, and filed.
4. Establishes guidelines for obtaining and organizing clinical trial data within given deadlines.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Biology, Nursing or related field. Three years of related experience. Additional years of education may be substituted for experience on a one to one basis. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html