Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
The Internal Medicine Research Unit (IMRU) is seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist at the BS/MS level with significant interest and knowledge in the operation of laboratory equipment and their application to support in vitro pharmacology studies. The lab instrument specialist will work closely with IMRU lab scientists and be a valuable resource for colleagues seeking to integrate automated workflows into their daily work through the use of various liquid handling instruments and plate readers. This individual will understand in vitro pharmacology and high content imaging assay workflows and be able to automate numerous protocols, including small molecule , phenotypic and genomic assays. In this position, the successful candidate will work within a large matrix environment, collaborating with multiple groups and individuals within IMRU biology. How You Will Achieve It
- Independently come up with solutions for in vitro IMRU scientists to increase efficiency in their workflows through the proper utilization of laboratory instrumentation.
- Program, troubleshoot and support plate based pharmacology equipment including acoustic liquid handlers and multi-mode readers.
- Train lab scientists on the proper use of a broad array of liquid-handling and plate-based pharmacology equipment.
- Independently, or working with lab instrument services and external vendors, perform routine troubleshooting of equipment issues and general laboratory maintenance.
- Provide strategic input on service contracts for lab equipment.
- Maintain a cutting edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible.
- Maintain asset lists, ensure proper equipment tracking, and work with Digital colleagues to ensure laboratory computers are compliant with Pfizer requirements.
- Maintain equipment reservation system and equipment dashboard.
- Be willing to perform established biochemical and/or cell based assays in support of portfolio programs, where needed.
- BA, BS with 6+ years relevant laboratory experience or MS with 5+ years relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working with and programming a broad range of liquid handling equipment and plate readers.Familiarity with some of the following instrumentation is preferred: Biomek i7, Labcyte Echo, Biotek EL406, MSD, Biotek Cytation, Perkin Elmer Envision, Viewlux and Trilux , BMG Pherastar Molecular Devices FLIPR and Spectramax.
- Subject matter expert in in vitro-assay principles and methods, for example: fluorescence, HTRF, TR-FRET, SPA, or luminescence, commonly used in compound hit identification,screening, and profiling.
- Knowledge of S harePoint , S potfire and other applications that could be used for equipment scheduling.
- Previous experience providing laboratory and automation support in an in vitro drug discovery laboratory
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Must be able to wear PPE (lab coat/safety shoes/glasses/etc).
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development