Senior Bioinformatician Research Scientist
This position will work with the NIH/NIAID funded Immune Tolerance Network (ITN), a nationwide academic consortium that conducts clinical trials to induce immune tolerance in autoimmune diseases, allergic disease, and after organ transplantation. The ultimate goal is to work with the network to design genomic and functional genomic studies in the context of academic clinical trials, to develop novel computational methodologies, and to apply to define disease and drug mechanisms in the context of these medical conditions. This position will be embedded within the network’s Systems Biology Genomics Group, based on the Raychaudhuri lab.
The senior bioinformatician will work closely with Dr. Soumya Raychaudhuri, and will manage the data for the ITN, the hardware resources of the Systems Biology Genomics Group, and will also maintain the key pipelines for bulk RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, and mass cytometry data. S/he will also contribute to the development of novel pipelines, and to devising analytical strategies for interpreting multiple modalities of data. S/he will work closely with the broader network, which will send data, to insure appropriate data processing, dissemination, and high dimensional analysis strategies.
- Interact with and manage ongoing collaboration within the ITN, and different ITN teams.
- Develop and use novel computational algorithms and pipelines for analysis of research data.
- Develop analytical strategies for interpreting multiple modalities of data.
- Contribute to the ongoing design and development of the software technology, algorithms, and databases for big-data analysis and storage.
- Oversee data processing, dissemination, and application of high dimensional analysis strategies.
- Provide bioinformatics and statistical support and programming primarily in python and R:
- Designing and developing program applications
- Designing, implementing, and testing project wide programs in python or R for data management and statistical analysis
- Providing programming in statistical packages and other software as required
- Providing statistical and methodological consultation
- In collaboration with PI or Research Manager, establishes new and modify existing research
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: PhD degree in appropriate technical, scientific, or engineering discipline
(preferably bioinformatics, computational genomics, biostatistics, or computer science) and at least 2 years
experience in bioinformatics.
- Strong programming skills capable of conceiving, of implementing and optimizing programs operating on large data sets.
- Unix environment experience; experience with large data sets, database software experience.
- Proficiency in a programming language, such as Java, C/C++, perl, or python and one or more mathematical software package/languages such as R
- Ability to work with next-generation sequencing data, particularly in the context of RNA-seq data
- Mathematics background; advanced data management and analysis skills.
- Expertise working with version control systems
- Expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of biostatistics and statistical programming.
- Formal knowledge in Biology in general; genetics in particular.
Problem solving and organizational ability; written and interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on research teams.
- Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and set priorities.
- Ability to identify potential problems and trouble-shoot solutions.
EEO Statement Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Primary Location MA-Boston-BWH Longwood Medical Area Work Locations BWH Longwood Medical Area 75 Francis Street Boston 02115 Job Technician/Technologist/Scientist Organization Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH) Schedule Full-time Standard Hours 40 Shift Day Job Employee Status Regular Recruiting Department BWH Department Of Medicine Job Posting Jun 17, 2021