This job has expired

Tenure track faculty position

University of New England, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Biddeford, Maine
Full-time, 12-month appointment; Benefits:
Closing date
Dec 19, 2021

View more

Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences
Position Type
Full Time
Job Type
Organization Type
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Tenure Track Faculty Position
Department of Biomedical Sciences
University of New England, College of Osteopathic Medicine

The Department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of New England, College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNE COM; & invites applications for a tenure track faculty position from individuals with a strong record of innovative biomedical research. For this position, we seek outstanding applicants studying fundamental mechanisms of cell signaling in health and disease, with particular areas of focus in aging, inflammation, or metabolism.

Candidates should possess experience, expertise, and enthusiasm for teaching in an integrated and innovative medical school curriculum with a team of biomedical and clinical faculty. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a nationally recognized, extramurally funded research program.

UNE provides a collaborative and multidisciplinary research environment, with strengths in neurobiology, immunology, infectious disease, anatomy, and medical education, with Centers of Excellence in Neuroscience (, Aging and Health (, Public Health (, Collaborative Education (, and Digital Health ( Outstanding research facilities include access to an impressive array of shared instrumentation and core facilities with expert staff who provide services in behavioral analysis, genotyping, histology, and optical imaging.

The successful candidate will begin with 75% dedicated effort for research, with the remaining 25% effort being distributed across the teaching and service domains. Teaching expectations are that the candidate will mentor students in their laboratories and participate in lecturing (in their areas of expertise) as well as in small group activities within the medical school curriculum. Individuals with teaching experience in gross anatomy are particularly encouraged to apply. Candidates for advanced positions at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor should have a record of excellence in scholarship and teaching and a history of success in obtaining extramural research funding and have demonstrated management and leadership capabilities. As members of a department with core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to working with students and faculty holding a range of backgrounds and world views.

Eligible candidates are expected to have a PhD (and/or MD or DO) with multiple years of postdoctoral experience. To apply, please submit the following information through the link below: 1) a cover letter, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) research statement [3 pages], 4) teaching statement [1 page], 5) a statement of contributions to promote diversity and inclusion [1 page], and 6) three letters of recommendation. Applications can be submitted online at: Also, please arrange to have at least three letters of recommendation sent via email by your recommenders to 

Applicants from historically underrepresented groups in science and medicine are particularly encouraged to apply.

For more information about the department, see: and

Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. 

Please email should applicants have questions related to this faculty position.

Maine’s only medical school, UNE COM is located on the southern Maine coast with campuses in Biddeford and Portland, which are approximately 90 minutes north of Boston. Our Department and College know the importance of investing and recruiting colleagues who, in their scholarship, teaching and service, demonstrate experience with, knowledge of, and sensitivity to the needs of culturally diverse populations. 

The University of New England is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veteran Employer.

You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert