The Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences in the College of Medicine, at the University of Central Florida (UCF), seeks applicants for a non-tenure earning, assistant scholar/scientist position.
The successful candidate will participate in conducting research to facilitate the work funded by NIH HEAL (Helping to End Addiction Long-Term) program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting research to facilitate the work supported by UCF Research Foundation.
• Presenting the research work at the seminars in both Neuroscience and Cardiovascular sciences divisions as well as at professional conferences.
• Writing research progress reports and manuscripts for publication.
• Taking on mentoring responsibilities for graduate and undergraduate students working on related projects.
• Responsible for training lab technicians and assistants on the correct use of lab equipment and animal handling, in addition to mentoring and disciplining lab staff.
• Routine laboratory management, including purchasing, chemicals, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and animal protocols.
A Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences from an accredited institution with strong background in Neuroscience Research or related field.
Candidate should have the following: Expertise in animal surgery, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy, Neurolucida 3D tracing and digitization, neural circuity mapping, physiological recording in vivo, as well as an excellent publication record.
This position is funded by contracts and grants and is contingent upon available funding.
Additional Application Materials:
UCF requires all applications and supporting documents to be submitted online through the Human Resources website, www.ucf.edu/jobs. Applicants should also attach a current CV and contact information for three professional references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts.
Note: Please have all application documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Please contact Ka Yam at Ka.Yam@ucf.edu with questions about the position.