At Pfizer, we deliver Breakthroughs That Change Patients Lives . Pfizer Boulder Research and Development is looking to expand its research organization that is focused on the discovery and development of targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer. We are seeking results-driven chemists to join our medicinal chemistry department to deliver Pfizer's drugs of the future.
Discovering new medicines at Pfizer takes teams with a diversity of skills, behaviors, and approaches. Creativity, scientific excellence, tenacity, passion, hard work, organization, teamwork, courage, open-mindedness, curiosity - are just some of the traits successful Drug Discoverers display at Pfizer, and we are looking for ambitious Synthetic Chemists, eager to see their work lead to important new medicines and scientific breakthroughs, to join our team. The medicinal chemistry department at Pfizer Boulder Research and Development collaborates extensively with the other research departments to quickly discover and develop best-in-class medicines.
As a Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry at Pfizer you will play a vital role as a key contributor of a large, multi-disciplinary matrix team from project inception through to delivery of clinical drug candidates. You will provide key contributions to the implementation of medicinal chemistry strategies through development and execution of innovative synthetic chemistry and help to revolutionize our approach to the discovery and development of small molecule and synthetically-derived drugs.
Based in Colorado, with more than 300 days a year of sunshine, Boulder is a paradise in the West!Visit https://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/
to discover what we love about Boulder. Many colleagues live just outside of Boulder and have commutes of only 15 to 30 minutes. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot and optimize synthetic routes, including the development of modular routes for rapid analog generation and efficient scalable routes for preclinical candidates, based on discussions with supervisor and team members.
- Employ enabled routes to synthesize medicinal chemistry targets within a project.
- Build effective partnerships with other research lines, in particular analytical, technology, pharmaceutical sciences and process chemistry groups, to efficiently execute synthetic deliverables.
- Actively participate in discussions and present results in chemistry team meetings.
- Adhere to all safety, scientific record keeping, and compliance requirements.
- Master's or bachelor's degree in synthetic organic chemistry with 5+ years industrial experience as a synthetic organic chemist.
- Solid knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry reaction mechanisms and reactivity.
- Experience as a synthetic organic chemist familiar with a range of reaction types and having demonstrated multi-step synthesis, purification and characterization of organic compounds (especially NMR and mass spectroscopy).
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with supervisor and project team members.
- Demonstrated independence in the laboratory and in problem solving through careful experiment design, data analysis, and mechanistic insight.
Please submit your resume along with a 1-2 page research summary. For roles based in Colorado:
- Requires the ability to carry out experimental organic chemistry in a standard chemistry laboratory.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $67,900 to $113,100 . In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 7.5% of the base salary. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Additional Job Information:
- Relocation support available
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development