Post Doctoral Fellowship
The Oskowitz lab at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking an independent and creative researcher for a post-doctoral fellowship position to develop therapeutics for the treatment of cardiovascular disease using cell and genome engineering. Specifically, the Oskowitz lab is focused on developing therapies for atherosclerosis and abdominal aortic aneurysms. Our lab spans the translational spectrum of research performing molecular and in vitro benchtop work as well as using animal models of cardiovascular disease and clinical research to pursue our goals. We are funded through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the American Heart Association (AHA).
In collaboration with the PI (Dr. Adam Oskowitz) and other senior scientists in the lab the applicant will focus on the following two projects.
Project 1: Cell Based Immunotherapy for Atherosclerosis. You will lead efforts to use genome editing and synthetic biology to enhance the ability of T-regulatory cells to oppose atherosclerosis while also studying the Treg-switch hypothesis of atherosclerosis progression.
Project 2: In vivo Genome Engineering to treat atherosclerosis. You will lead efforts to use Crispr/Cas genome editing tools to treat the causes of atherosclerosis
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell or molecular biology, a cardiovascular or other applicable field.
- Experience with synthetic biology
- Significant experience with Crispr/Cas gene editing techniques
- Experience with cell/molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g. cell cultures of mammalian cells, molecular cloning, transfection/transduction, protein purification, western blotting, PCR, immunofluorescence, microscopy and cell imaging).
- Record of publication in peer-reviewed journal(s).
- Ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies.
- Highly motivated, curious and detail-oriented scientist.
- Experience with antibody biochemistry
- Expertise with T-regulatory cells or T-cells.
- Experience in cardiovascular science
Apply for Post Doctoral Fellowship
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly