Postdoc in chromatin regulation, recombination and genome stability in the mammalian germline (f/m/x
The Tóth Group at TU Dresden is looking for a
Postdoc in chromatin regulation, recombination and genome stability in the mammalian germline (f/m/x)
This full time position is available immediately in the group of Attila Toth for an initial period of 36 months with a possibility of extension.
We focus on molecular mechanisms that ensure orderly inheritance of chromosomes in meiotic germ cells. One of the key features of meiotic chromosome biology is a modified recombination process which is initiated by hundreds of potentially genotoxic DNA breaks whose generation is carefully controlled by meiosis-specific enzyme machineries and chromatin organization. How do meiocytes regulate meiotic recombination initiation to enable generation of gametes with healthy genomes? This ambitious project will explore the principles that control spatiotemporal dynamics of meiotic DNA break formation and recombination initiation in mice. We will combine advanced chromatin analysis, cytology and large scale sequencing technologies. The project is interdisciplinary, involving a close cooperation with physicists/bioinformaticians in the campus to develop quantitative models for recombination.
Relevant articles of the lab, doi:10.1093/nar/gkab082. doi: 10.1016/j.molcel.2019.03.022. doi: 10.1038/ncb3417. doi: 10.1038/ncb2213.
The group is located at the biomedical campus of TU Dresden, which is one of the few Elite Universities in Germany, offering excellent infrastructure and a highly international, vibrant and collaborative research community.
- We are seeking scientists with experience in molecular and cellular biology. Experience in mouse work and skills in chromosome and genome biology, e. g. ChIP-seq, CUT&RUN, ATAC-seq or similar are preferred.
- Good English skills (spoken and in writing) are required.
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Care of your children through partnerships with children's institutions near the University Hospital
- Use of company prevention offers including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health centre
- Taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
- Use of our job ticket for public transport in Dresden and the surrounding area
- A position according to the TV-L conditions (E13)
Please provide (1) a CV including publication list, (2) a description of research interest and past achievements (favorably <1page), and (3) names of at least two referees. We kindly ask you to apply via our online form stating the registration number PCH0921732 to make the selection process more efficient. Please, apply before the 26th of November 2021. For informal enquiries please contact Prof. Attila Tóth by phone +49 (0) 351-458-6467 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications of all genders are appreciated. Disabled persons with equal qualifications are preferred.