The Senior Manager, Acoustic Data Scientist role is a USA/MA-based role. She/he is responsible for designing and building ML-based analytical platforms for one or more projects that will identify and develop scientific and technological solutions for validating and qualifying novel digital endpoints to measure the impact of therapeutic interventions across the enterprise.
The Acoustic Data Scientist will be a core member of the team and help lead the progression of clinical, methodological studies utilizing digital devices/sensors and advanced analytics. This person will be accountable to work with a high degree of autonomy and independence, while partnering closely with the scientific and clinical team members, applying technical, software development and analytics knowledge to support the research, development and deployment of digital endpoints in clinical trials. She/He will be required to work both independently and in a collaborative environment have a self-starting work ethic, high attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize while managing multiple priorities and stakeholder across all levels of the organization. The Acoustic Data Scientist will be a point of contact, while working with internal and external stakeholders.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ideal individual will have scientific expertise to provide analysis of acoustic data and digital measures of human activity.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend decisions for disease area teams.
- Responsible for creating and evaluating the data needs of the assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Supports algorithm specification documents as well as regulatory submissions to ensure work meets needs of the group.
- Exhibits operational excellence as a team member in a matrixed organization.
- Coordinates with client research or development teams to ensure alignment on the project objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective communicator; effectively communicates complex analytical concepts to team members with varied backgrounds, including experts and regulatory authorities.
- Contributes to the Project Leader and Data Sciences knowledge through sharing best-practices and learnings as required.
- Serves as a team consultant on data collection strategies in cellular devices.
- Integrate and summarize large-scale data and information across multiple scientific, translational, and clinical domains
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-7 years of experience in the biopharma industry (including R&D experience), either at biopharma company and/or top-tier management consulting firm with pharma focus
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated skills in portfolio, resource and/or project management in a large, complex organization.
- Advanced degree - MS in Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical field and 3-5 years of experience with physiological sensor signals, processing, and analysis
- Deep knowledge in developing models including ML-based models, utilizing mathematics, signal processing, and data extraction
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex problems
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support scientific decisions
- Proficientin Python, R or MATLAB
- Experience with Python packages:NumPy,Matplotlib,pandas.
- Advanced working knowledge of AWS tools and services for data scienceand big data, e.g., ECS,EMR,Lambda, Kinesis, SageMaker
- Ability to set up and use agile software development,and sourcecontroltools, e.g., git,kanbanboards
- Experience partnering with clinical studies and complex study teams
- The ideal candidate will have MS or PhD in data science or engineering with additional 1-3 plus years in acoustic and voice analysis
- Experience in design & development of user facing software solutions (web-based or app-based) for the collection of speech data and patient data
- Ability to develop requirements for digital solutions and/or device component selection
- Demonstrated leadership supporting team of internal or external data scientists in the selection of voice metrics
- Deep knowledge developing code extraction solutions for voice metrics using signal processing techniques
Ability to perform c omplex mathematical calculations
Ability to perform complex data analysis NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
May require some travel ( 10 %). OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development