R&D Information Systems Analyst II
R&D Information Systems Analyst II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Systems group within the Development Systems and Process department at Gilead Sciences is responsible for managing operational data for various aspects of clinical trial management from study start to finish. We work closely with many functional groups within Development and across Gilead to facilitate improved electronic processes and assist with data needs. To provide these services we participate in business process analysis to create data analyses, generate reports, develop software, and maintain the required systems.
- With limited guidance, engage with cross-functional teams to assess needs and develop technical solutions to streamline and enhance workflows.
- Configures and develops computer applications and solutions by using analytical functional specifications and interpreting system design specifications.
- During system implementation and change management, support, test, and refine application configurations to align with business process needs.
- Perform database-driven reporting and analysis to improve business information and provide value-added insights through dashboards or other formats.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple work activities to meet project deadlines
- Can work directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the problem root cause and customer's comfort level with application.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Actively participate in the business analysis process and develop software, scripts, and ETLs to automate processes and adapt to changing needs.
- Develop interactive data visualizations using web-based technologies, Spotfire or other visualization applications to drive insightful decision making.
- Use project-specified technologies to create custom applications to facilitate data integration and presentation, workflows, and reporting.
- Provide application support and assist with application maintenance.
- Participate in needed software configuration, documentation, and validation.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- 4+ Years with BS, BA, and or relevant experience, 2+ Years with MS, MBA
- Proficient in a general-purpose programming language, preferably C#
- Frontend testing frameworks is a plus
- Proficient in a SQL dialect and a relational database management system, preferably MS SQL Server.
- Proficiency in relational database design, data modeling methodologies, creating proper database schemas, and optimizing them for the intended workload.
- Experience using functional unit tests throughout development to ensure quality.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills are essential.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/R-D-Information-Systems-Analyst-II_R0022978-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency