Research Data Steward (f/m/d) (Dipl./M.Sc./Ph.D. in Natural sciences, Data science, or Engineering)
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB) investigates and develops materials for a sustainable energy supply of the future. For this purpose, we operate the synchrotron facility BESSY II as well as several core labs for investigating materials. BESSY II attracts users from all over the world with its unique experimental facilities. With approx. 1,200 employees, HZB is today one of the largest non-university research centres in Berlin. More information: www.helmholtz-berlin.de
SCIENCE + CAREER + DIVERSITY = HZB
…is the formula for our successful human resources policy. We offer wide-ranging internal and external qualification opportunities for our employees, including special support for junior scientists. Our family-friendly workplace policy includes flexible working hours and telework arrangements. HZB values diversity as driver for successful scientific collaborative work and promotes a supportive working atmosphere for people from all backgrounds.
Research Data Steward (f/m/d) (Dipl./M.Sc./Ph.D. in Natural sciences, Data science, or Engineering) for Digital Catalysis
Reference: GF 2021/16
- Would you like to make a fundamental contribution to revolutionizing catalysis?
- Are you enthusiastic about the intersection between chemistry, materials science, process engineering, and thin-film and nanotechnology?
- Do you enjoy the development of new technologies and want to participate in the industrialization of green hydrogen?
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB) establishes the research platform for catalysis "CatLab“ jointly with the Fritz Haber Institute (FHI), the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion (CEC), and in close cooperation with industry in Berlin's technology park Adlershof. This long-term project forms the core of a new research focus at the HZB and aims to develop novel catalytic systems based on thin-film and nanotechnology for the generation, transport, and storage of green hydrogen. CatLab will build a bridge between basic research and industry, and it is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
We are looking for a Research Data Steward to set up the research data management of the new area of focus on green hydrogen - CatLab - at HZB.
- You will make a meaningful contribution to solving some of this century´s major societal challenges ranging from carbon neutrality to digitalization.
- You will take a central role in the HZB Digitization Task Force, shaping the implementation and strategic development of efficient research data management (RDM).
- You will advise researchers in the fields of solar and chemical energy, and, together with them, make a significant contribution to establishing the focus area of digital catalysis.
- You will act as a liaison between the Energy/Information researchers and the RDM technical team in IT.
- You will support the HZB management and identify relevant international trends, create analyses and concepts, and be responsible for complex projects in research data management, which you will also align with data management activities at different levels up to (inter-)national projects and initiatives.
- Your responsibilities will also include assisting with and conduction of seminars, coaching, and training activities in the area of RDM for researchers.
Your ideal profile
- You have successfully completed your university studies with a focus on natural sciences, data science, or engineering, ideally with a focus on the topics of renewable energy. A PhD is an advantage.
- You have experience with how research data is managed in the above academic disciplines, as well as an understanding of how data and software support high-quality research.
- You have a general interest in and commitment to research data management, Open Science, and FAIR Data. Knowledge of the following areas is considered an advantage: FAIR principles, research data infrastructures, RDM lifecycle, persistent identifiers, metadata standards, data management plans, data collection, and/or cataloging tools.
- You think strategically, have excellent organizational skills and can quickly familiarize yourself with complex contents and organizational structures.
- You can work both independently and as a team player and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will be part of an international, multifaceted research organization that provides access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and promotes networking and exchange within the Helmholtz Association and beyond.
- The HZB supports a healthy work-life balance through flexible working hours, mobile working, and an internal advice center on questions of reconciliation of work and private life.
- You will have the opportunity to take advantage of internal and external qualification offers
- The HZB offers a wide range of health management and corporate sport activities
Fixed term contract for 24 months.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 04.11.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.Please apply here: https://recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/1549/Application/New/2
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Dr. Tamara Husch
+49 30 8062 13150