Research Scientist Immuno-Oncology
Research Scientist Immuno-Oncology
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.
Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
Gilead is seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Seattle-based Oncology Research team to help develop novel immunomodulatory therapeutics for cancer. The successful candidate will support drug discovery efforts targeting mechanisms used by cancer cells to evade clearance by immune cells (e.g., turning cold' tumors hot'). As a member of a cross-functional team, the successful candidate is expected to contribute to the discovery, research and development of novel therapeutic agents to address unmet medical needs of cancer patients. They will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Independently develop assays and generate high quality data to support target validation and mechanism of action studies
- Presents results of work, interprets the data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work
- Utilize both tumor cell intrinsic (e.g., signaling pathway analysis) and primary immune cell-based readouts for candidate immunomodulatory drugs (phagocytosis, NK cell killing, T cell killing/migration, etc.).
- Collaboratively work with more senior scientists or scientific directors to identify and validate targets, utilize start-of-the-art techniques to develop, produce, and/or characterize materials or tools for the discovery and development of new therapeutic agents
- Present research findings and recommendations to senior staff in department presentations and contribute to preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
- May advise Research Associates or members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
- PhD degree with 0-3 years of industry experience or MS/BS degree with extensive industry experience in Cell Biology, Immunology, Oncology or a related life science discipline
- Industry experience in research drug discovery and target identification / validation in oncology or immuno-oncology is a strong plus
- Technical skills should include extensive experience in cancer/immune cell viability & signaling pathway assessment techniques (e.g., western blot, Protein Simple western, ELISA/MSD, reporter assays, RT-qPCR, and Nanostring)
- Experience with methods to perturb gene function (e.g. RNAi, CRISPR, overexpression) and to deliver constructs (e.g. transfection, lentiviral transduction)
- A strong ability to develop, troubleshoot and optimize cell-based assays; experience in cancer-immune cell co-culture assays is a strong plus
- Experience with flow cytometry and Incucyte-based readouts are highly preferred
- Experience in immunology and utilizing primary immune cells in functional assays is highly preferred
- Think critically and creatively and be able to work independently
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Teamwork, individual-initiative, attention to detail, and meticulous record keeping are essential
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Research-Scientist-Immuno-Oncology_R0021441-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency