Manager, Quality Systems
Manager, Quality Systems
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Manager, Quality Systems
Quality Assurance delivers on Gilead's commitment to bring life-changing therapies to patients through the robust QA processes and systems. Our approach is agile, innovative and collaborative and our teams are genuinely committed to the rapid delivery of safe life changing therapies. As part of the broader Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) team you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining QA within PDM, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Meet the worldwide QA Team: https://qualityassurance-careers.gilead.com/
- Supports, facilitates and adapts the Gilead Quality Management System related to computerized system lifecycle management to ensure that it meets regulatory and industry standards and expectations.
- Identifies and onboards qualified external resources to support project demand.
- Provides expert guidance on topics related to computer system compliance to regulatory
- Identifies opportunities for, and leads implementation of projects that drive the continued
- improvement of Gilead's quality management processes related to management of
- computerized systems.
- Ensures that technical, business and QA teams are prepared for regulatory inspections
- related to computerized systems
- Provide oversight and QA approvals for GxP Deviations, CAPAs and change controls to
- ensure activities are conducted in compliance with Gilead procedures and regulatory
- Authors or approves procedures, work instructions and other governing documents to
- support Gilead's computerized system lifecycle
- Reviews and approves validation deliverables for medium-to large-sized projects.
- Performs a wide variety of activities to ensure compliance with quality systems, quality
- procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manages QA personnel, including organizing and prioritizing daily tasks, performing training,
- and writing performance reviews.
- May interface with regulatory agencies as required.
- May participate in the development of training programs regarding all aspects of quality
- systems administration.
- Participates in compliance audits as required.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of QA systems principles, concepts, industry practices,
- and standards.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Keen understanding of international quality systems regulations to adopt best in class
- systems/processes and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Information Systems Technology, understanding of Computer
- System Validation (CSV) including current electronic records and signature requirements.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a BS or BA OR 5+ years of relevant experience and a MS.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to computerized systems in GxP
- Experience applying risk management principles to computer system validation and
- qualification activities.
- Thorough understanding of Data Integrity concepts and controls for computerized systems.
- Ability to evaluate Quality Systems and drive value added enhancements.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; must be able to positively influence employees who are working with the normal chain of command in order to achieve results.
- Experience interfacing with regulatory authorities to present company methodologies and deliverables during inspections.
- Ability to author and critically review SOPs.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Quality-Systems_R0021288
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency