Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Payroll Associate Director of the International GFS, this position will be one of 3 Supervisors/Managers in the team and will focus on supervising the International Payrolls located in Cork. The International GFS services Gilead's well established entities in EMEA, Canada, Asia & Latin America.
This role is as an operational Supervisor and as such the successful candidate MUST have previous experience of running a broad spectrum of payrolls end to end using a Payroll Outsource model. We are seeking an individual with experience in a fast paced working environment with proven ability to multitask yet remain focused on key priorities and with previous people management experience.
Position Specific Job Requirements:
- Manage, train, and provide guidance and direction to the assigned Payroll Team Members Performance management of team members through coaching and regular 1-to-1's
- Motivation and development of team to operate the International Payroll process in the GFS Centre in cooperation with other Payroll Management Team
- Lead and manage Payroll team members and processes to drive efficiencies and support a scalable Payroll model in the future with a high focus on achievement of on Target KPI's
- Work with HR and Payroll providers to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information and that Payrolls are processed accurately, timely and in accordance with country local requirements
- Month end payroll activities-reviewing journals, accruals and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure that monthly and yearly local tax payments and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place and are implemented to capture changes month on month and any differences are reconciled and explained. Propose changes as required.
- Schedules, participates and facilitates payroll related meetings and presentations.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to internal and external agencies, e.g. Inland Revenue, etc.
- Work closely with GFS functions to deliver a successful Payroll program whilst supporting the GFS vision and strategic objective.
- Continuous Improvement needs to be a daily mindset for this role and direct reports - continuously enhancing, streamlining and standardising processes and/or policies that identify and utilise technologies that will provide further efficiencies
- Responsible for ensuring the internal control is accurate for Payroll processing and associated processes under the remit of this role & adherence to all internal controls as required for the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- Drive and own the monthly metric reporting process
- Drive and own the month-end process along with other Payroll Supervisor, ensuring all deadlines are met in line with month end close agreements.
- Lead/drive/support initiatives/projects as agreed with Payroll Manager in support of overall Payroll Goals and Objectives Knowledge, experience, competencies The person we seek will be an experienced Payroll Supervisor/team leader with experience of operating multi-country payroll processes in a multi-national corporation and will have held a Payroll position in a similar organization operating in several major countries in International Regions with a willingness to occasionally travel to enhance business relationships.
- The person will require considerable experience of direct team leadership and demonstrated effective people supervision. Experience of setting up and/or operating Payroll processes in Shared Service Centres in a multi-country corporate environment is an advantage.
- Customer service: A commitment and focus on customer service - defining and exceeding multiple customer expectations and inspiring the team to deliver on the service commitments
- Process focus: Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement and creating a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged.
- Interpersonal Skills: An effective team player, whose energy and well-developed communication skills make this person a persuasive leader, negotiator and relationship builder. Focus on team and people development.
- Thinker/Do-er: A fast thinker, translate business needs into pragmatic implementable solutions.
- Diversity: Able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment Handle complexity: Able to handle the ambiguity that arises from time to time in a global organization in a multi-country environment.
- Leadership: Capable of providing guidance and gaining respect based on persuasion and competence and with the stature and sensitivity to exercise leadership by example in the context of a service business Languages
- The person we seek will be able to communicate effectively in English. An additional European language or languages would be beneficial.
Specific Education, Experience Requirements:
- Business degree Payroll qualification with either IPASS or CIPP essential Management of 3rd Party Payroll Providers
- Demonstrated expertise in Stock payments RSU, ESPP and relevant taxes, Global Mobility/ in pats/expats
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Payroll SOX Compliance and dealing with internal and external audit
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, and Word) required. Experience of T&A systems such as Workday and or Kronos an advantage, SAP experience
- Financial Shared Services Background with International Payrolls experience
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Payroll-Supervisor_R0022892
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency