Director, Commercial Strategic Insights - HIV/PrEP (Marketing Sciences)
Director, Commercial Strategic Insights - HIV/PrEP (Marketing Sciences)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company\'s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for - and potentially curing - some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
This position will support the Market Research efforts supporting the HIV US commercialization efforts along with other cross functional stakeholders. This role leads a team of 1-3 and reports into the head of US HIV MR.
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position
- Strong strategic thinker who understands the critical role of market research in developing commercial strategy in support of both in-line products and product launch. Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and determine focused objectives and a clear path forward in the face of open questions
- Strong data analytical and interpretive skills. The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required.
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented approach. Creative problem solving. Open to new learnings and flexible in changing situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, influence others, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines. Ability to work with a variety of personalities and skillsets
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing both to peers and senior management are required.
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research. Demonstrated ability to ramp quickly and acquire in-depth knowledge and experience in a complex franchise-specific market
- Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IQVIA
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution.
- Excellent, flexible, empathetic, creative, reliable and demonstrable people management skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- Working with key stakeholders, plays a key role in planning, development and execution of market research plan supporting HIV products.
- Manages HIV market research studies, including project objective, design, vendor selection and oversight, monitoring of data collection, data analysis and interpretation.
- Develops relevant and compelling presentation of market research insights for key stakeholders, including brand leadership and senior management.
- Management and mentorship of other team members to deliver high quality and relevant insights to a variety of stakeholders
- Manages and analyzes competitive environment sales records, market penetration, market potential and future trends and makes recommendations based on findings
- Keeps abreast of key market events and works to understand potential impact
- Present insights to Senior Management, ability to tailor communications to maximize influence key stakeholders
- Working with diverse counterparts (Sales Analytics, Forecasting, Commercial Learning and Development, Managed Markets, Brand team), compiles and analyzes statistical data on past sales and trends to interpret market trends and, as appropriate, recommend corrective courses of action
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelors in related field such as Psychology, Biology, Business plus 12+ years of relevant experience in market research, sales/marketing analysis, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. PhD, or other advanced degree is desirable
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research is required. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches
- Experience in consumer market research desirable
- People management experience required
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Commercial-Strategic-Insights---HIV-PrEP--Marketing-Sciences-_R0022831-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency