Research Scientist, Discovery Sciences and Technologies
Research Scientist, Discovery Sciences and Technologies
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Research Scientist to join our Discovery Sciences and Technologies Department. The candidate\'s responsibility will focus on assay development, optimization, and execution of in vitro screens utilizing common HTS tools as well as novel approaches to support both drug discovery and new target identification efforts for multiple therapeutic areas within Gilead Discovery Research portfolio. The candidate will serve as core team member representing functional area and provide expertise in identifying and implementing target- and disease-relevant (oncology and inflammation) biochemical, biophysics and cellular assays using state of the art technologies. The candidate should have proven record of applying sound scientific judgement to answer critical questions, as well as a proven ability to design and implement appropriate experiments. Ability to work collaboratively in a high-pace, multi-disciplinary, matrix environment is essential.
- Technical proficiency, scientific creativity necessary to conceive, develop, optimize and execute in vitro assays to support drug discovery efforts
- Design and execute large scale primary and secondary screens to identify hits and support specific aspects of the screening strategy such as designing and carrying out mechanism of action studies
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintain a cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve performance
- Present results of work, interpret data, and draw conclusions in a fully independent manner
- Independently write scientific/technical reports and presentations
- Serve as functional area expert with in-depth technical knowledge for projects
- Must think critically and work resourcefully to resolve problems
- Present research updates to project teams and R&D management
- PhD in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, biology or related field.
- 0-3 or more years of conducting relevant research in academic (postdoctoral research) or pharmaceutical setting
- Experiences in functional in-vitro assays in the area of oncology and inflammation diseases
- Experience in one of the four areas below will be advantages:
- oncology or immunology
- the application of analytical chemistry or biophysics tools (e.g. mass spec, SPR)
- high-throughput screening, utilization of laboratory automation equipment and associated data analysis
- whole genome screens (siRNA or CRISPR-Cas9)
- Adaptability and the ability to learn new techniques rapidly are essential
- Ability to multitask and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver results meeting the needs of various stakeholder groups is essential
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Discovery-Sciences-and-Technologies_R0022913-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency