About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
A Staff Scientist position is available in Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope. The Staff Scientist series is designed for career research professionals whose primary function is to support the research infrastructure and activities of the institution. The position involves designing and executing immunochemical studies incorporating multiplexed techniques. Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Must have a Ph.D
- Must have research experience in the fields of immunology and diabetes, especially T1D
- Must have experience in extracellular vesicles and stem cell biology.
- Must have a publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Must have the ability to effectively develop a project in a translational research environment in order to successfully meet project goals.
- Must have the ability to design and execute laboratory experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications, scientific publications, and IND submissions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Apr 12, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job