Sr. Sitecore Architect, Associate Director
Sr. Sitecore Architect, Associate Director
United States - North Carolina - RaleighUnited States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out more at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Sitecore Architect to work in our Digital Experience team.
The IT Enterprise Platform group works across the organization with all business teams to deliver on Gilead's dedication to bringing life-saving therapies to people in need. You will focus on working closely with the key stakeholders to deliver on the digital user experience to external customers, manage a team of digital engineers, manage multiple vendors and be a champion for customer needs. Do you love complex and diverse projects? Join our team and directly impact how we operate as a company.
The architect should have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle, Sitecore development best practices, and possess the ability to implement and execute standard software architecture patterns. Familiarity with Azure DevOps and CI/CD is strongly preferred. The architect should also be a strong Sitecore developer who is comfortable in taking on any technical challenge or task. They will be providing best-fit architectural solutions and be responsible for defining scope and sizing of work. They will provide solution architecture to solve for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, as well as design and develop complex features to fulfill the business needs of our internal clients.
The architect will collaborate with other Sitecore Front-End and Back-End developers to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions. They will contribute thought leadership, provide mentorship, perform systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and write documentation. Our requirements will challenge skills, providing the architect with the opportunity to design and implement leading-edge solutions through a diversity of work across multiple technology platforms and tools, including, but not limited to: Azure, AWS, Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Veeva CRM et al.
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Business Partner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support Agile teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Detailed design, development and unit / integration testing utilizing the appropriate methodologies, technology and tools
- Practice strong configuration management and version control
- Production of deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented code
- Ability to work independently with a focus on first-time quality without requiring excessive review by more senior team members
- Mentor and guide junior developers to help them grow their technical and consulting capabilities
- Maintain technical excellence in the execution and the delivery of implementations of varying scope
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical leadership
- Demonstrate broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Establish reputation as a thought leader in the technical community
- Work on transition and migration to AWS Cloud from existing Azure cloud web solution
High School Degree and Fourteen Year\'s Experience OR Associates Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Ten Years' Experience OR Masters\' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
- 14+ years of hands on experience in delivering web/digital experience projects
- 4+ years of development experience on the Sitecore MVC platform
- Strong development background, extensive architecture experience, and technical leadership qualifications
- Prior Technical Architect in at least one architectural discipline and knowledgeable in at least two other disciplines - business analysis, applications/systems engineering, data/information architectures, or technical architectures
- Proven experience managing solution architectures
- Good verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Ability to bridge strategic vision and tactical implementation
- Expert-level knowledge of modern technologies and software development practices and patterns
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must be flexible to new situations and challenges
- Experience integrating with several backend systems and integration testing
- Significant, demonstrated experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Sitecore Experience Platform
- ASP.NET MVC/Web API
- Object-oriented/architectural design patterns
- Infrastructure design and DevOps
- xConnect / xDB (in Sitecore 9.x +)
- Sitecore Experience Platform
- Experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure, including Azure App Services, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Virtual Machines.
- Continuous Deployment/Release Management with Azure DevOps
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing capabilities of Sitecore and best practices for customization and implementation
- AWS web patterns and services
- Tools like GitHub, GitHub actions, Terraform etc.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills, and can collaborate at all levels
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-Sitecore-Architect--Associate-Director_R0022331-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency