Sr. IT Project Manager, IT PMO Governance
Sr. IT Project Manager, IT PMO Governance
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The IT Project Management Organization is looking for a results-oriented manager to join the PMO team to support the IT project prioritization and planning processes and tools (Clarity PPM, Tableau, SharePoint), the System Life Cycle (SLC) framework, and execution of PMO initiatives. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, takes ownership of deliverables, flexible, team player and able to adapt to support the evolving business needs of IT. This role will be reporting into the IT PMO Governance team.
Essential Functions but not limited to:
- Drives the development and delivery for all PMO trainings to end user community including conducting instructor-led training sessions, development of self-paced eLearning courses, and management of training curriculums; published content such as guides, templates and updates to internal SharePoint sites
- Creates, implements and maintains online training tutorials for the in-app learning tool using Clarity PPM
- Manages internal PMO sites, including working with SharePoint offshore development team for site enhancements
- Collaborates with PMO team members and across business functions to develop or enhance project delivery processes through requirements gathering and documentation, test script development and performs UAT
- Supports the user community adherence to PMO processes and tools (including responding to inquiries via email, chat or at regular drop-in clinics)
- Manages the relationship with vendors and service providers within the PMO Governance organization
- Manages user access for all project delivery tools
- Manages departmental budget as well as creating Work Orders, Requisitions and Purchase Orders
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work with IT staff at all levels including senior leadership teams and interacting across business functions
- Establish a positive rapport with the PMO community to ensure a high level of customer support
- Effective communication skills to all levels via written or verbal delivery
- Experience presenting in front of groups both virtually and in person
- Strong project management skills
- Energized by working with others, collaborating on ideas, collecting insight and input from others, and delivering as a team
- Can navigate ambiguity when priorities change by staying focused, productive and seeking guidance if needed
- Proficiency with the following tools: Project Portfolio Management (Clarity PPM), Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Project, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
- Proficiency with training development tools, including e-learning authoring tools (Articulate 360, SAP Enable Now, etc.)
- Technical savvy and quickly picks up on various software tools
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate\'s Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Masters Degree and Six Years Experience
- 7 years' experience working with System and Software Life Cycle (SLC) models and methodologies, including agile
- 7 years of managing IT related projects
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications
- Excellent research skills, \u200b and learning agility to understand internal business or IT process, best practices and translate into technology needs/opportunities\u200b
- Strong work ethic, a sense of business urgency, and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong business acumen
- Possesses strong leadership skills and able to make critical decisions
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management, dealing with senior management up to executive level
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams and locations
- Excellent at interpersonal skills and relationship development
- Specific experience in the Life Sciences/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare industries is preferred\u200b
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Sr-IT-Project-Manager--IT-PMO-Governance_R0017685
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency