United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
Gilead IT Innovation is looking for a delivery focused Innovation Advocate to support and grow the innovation program. This person will promote IT Innovation via storytelling and creative communications via a variety of channels such as email, presentations, publications, website, Yammer, video, in-person media, and others. The Innovation Advocate will also represent IT Innovation at the GBS center. The successful candidate has a strong ability to manage multiple concurrent deliverables and is comfortable presenting in front of an audience. Must be a self-starter that takes the initiative when presented with new concepts and software, takes ownership of tasks, and is able to work outside of predefined processes with a flexible mindset. Technical programming knowledge a plus! This role reports to the Senior Director, IT Innovation.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Maintain the physical innovation space and equipment in GBS, be an extension of the IT Innovation team in GBS.
- SharePoint site: Create content, build and maintain components, handle administration
- Technology Scouting Report: Plan and routinely publish on emerging technology trends
- Innovation Newsletter: Plan and publish quarterly via webpage and email, solicit topics and gather content, write articles and design graphics, market it via various channels.
- Innovation community: Grow membership and engagement by creating appropriate materials and routinely updating members.
- Innovation metrics: Define and routinely collect metrics from various sources, display the metrics in intuitive and modern charts and graphs.
- Yammer channel: Create routine postings to keep members engaged and share with other channels, reply to comments and questions received
- Lunch & Learn events: Solicit topics, organize event, manage invitations, market it appropriately
- Organize ad hoc innovation activities as they arise.
8 years of relevant experience in innovation, IT, technology, communications, or marketing. Ideally has experience with design thinking, innovation methods, or startups. Possesses good working knowledge within one or more IT areas or disciplines, typically working independently within the area of technical/functional expertise. Able to come up to speed quickly in other areas of expertise relevant to the success of the project or program.
- Microsoft Office 365 suite
- SharePoint administration
- Graphics creation and editing tools
- Video creation
- Software development a plus
Effective communicator that can successfully market a program via various contact channels such as email, website, social media, and in-person. Quickly learns various software tools. Able to understand and creatively display metrics. Great people person and can interact well whether getting updates from team members or speaking with business colleagues. Works efficiently by automating as much as possible instead of tackling routine tasks manually. Flexible and productive in an ambiguous environment.
- High School Degree and Eleven Years Experience OR Associate\'s Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Master\'s Degree and Five Years Experience
- Adaptability/ Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Business Focus: Builds business partner confidence, is committed to increasing business unit satisfaction, sets achievable business expectations, assumes responsibility for solving problems, ensures commitments to business needs are met, solicits opinions and ideas from business partners, responds to internal business needs with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Decision Making/ Judgment: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, and communicates decisions to others.
- Organizational Savvy: Operates within the organization\'s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, and understands others\' roles and perspectives.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Innovation-Advocate_R0021710
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency