Finance Manager, PDM FP&A Finance
Finance Manager, PDM FP&A Finance
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Finance Manager, PDM FP&A Finance (Foster City)Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) FP&A team.
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position:The Finance Manager will be a key member of the FP&A team supporting the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) organization and will be based in Foster City, CA. The individual will be responsible for partnering with the Chemical Manufacturing & Development Operations organization and providing decision support and analytics, driving the forecast and budget process, developing management reporting packages, and supporting process improvement initiatives. The position reports to the Sr. Finance Manager in PDM Finance.
Essential Duties and Job Functions Provide financial support to PDM organization including but not limited to the following:
- Support month end close/ reporting activities and variance analytics. Develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers to incorporate into monthly commentaries.
- Support the coordination and delivery of accurate and timely monthly/quarterly business reporting packages. Present financial results to business partners.
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting planning process for each functional area for operating expense/headcount/capital expenditure.
- Develop a good understanding of key performance drivers & issues relating to budget and actual results ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted to management.
- Support ad hoc requests and ongoing analytics support to assist the PDM organization with tactical and strategic decision-making processes.
- Drive development and implementation of key process improvement initiatives. Proactively engage with Finance colleagues and business partners to develop continuous process improvements to planning, analyses and reporting.
- Business Partnership and Collaboration: must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships and establish credibility with diverse audiences and work collaboratively to deliver meaningful analyses and decision support.
- Results Orientation: results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/ She must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and be willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions. A can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills balanced by sound business judgment.
- Independent Worker with Cross-Functional Orientation: independent self-starter and a proactive leader demonstrating strong influencing and communications capabilities.
- Continuous improvement: leverage expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend systems and process improvements.
- Provide Forward Thinking: identify the interdependencies across different organizations and proactively address the potential impact of issues with relevant parties.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Finance, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility. 5+ years of experience with an MBA.
- A BS or BA is required and a CPA is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and significant knowledge and understanding of US GAAP is required.
- Experience with project reporting, operational accounting and reporting is required.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry and/or in high-growth multi-national organization is a plus.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Oracle, Hyperion and Tableau are a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Finance-Manager--PDM-FP-A-Finance_R0021356-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency