Associate Director, Quality Control
Associate Director, Quality Control
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Manages the Quality Control testing execution at multiple contract sites, ensuring laboratory processes provide high quality analytical support for lot disposition and stability.
- Ensure that analytical activities, including method establishment, testing execution, method monitoring, and data reporting are performed according to agreed upon timelines in support of business objectives.
- Leads and represents QC requirements on multiple projects.
- Actively manages multiple relationships with contract testing sites.
- Works with Regulatory & Quality Assurance to ensure that all procedures and applicable regulatory requirements are followed and properly documented.
- Must be able to analyze process, lead improvement activities, and empower staff to create a lean culture in the laboratory.
- Will work on more complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors, strong judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations - typically high impact issues that have implications across functions.
- Supports and/or coordinates internal and external regulatory audits as required.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree OR master's degree in the analytical chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, pharmacology or a related discipline from an accredited university, along with 10+ (Bachelors OR 8+ (Masters) years of relevant biotech/pharmaceutical professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against the strategic and tactical objectives provided by senior leaders both within Quality Control and outside of the function.
- Demonstrated ability in integrating varied concepts and data to develop relevant solutions
- Demonstrated ability to create an energizing team environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with other functions on projects that involve negotiation and collaboration with cross-functional peers and more senior management levels.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems, and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrated people management skills required
- In-depth knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and/or Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs)
- In-depth knowledge of QC principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/Associate-Director--Quality-Control_R0021326-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency