Sr. Director R&D Finance (Development Functions)
Sr. Director R&D Finance (Development Functions)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Sr. Director, R&D Finance (Development Functions)
Summary:The Sr. Director, R&D Finance, partners with the Development Functions leadership to be a strategic and trusted business partner in support our development pipeline and ongoing activities for approved products. The Development Functions represent all of our non-clinical trial related spend that support and execute a significantly larger, more diverse, and complex development portfolio. This leader, reporting to the R&D Finance VP, will have a team of 5-7 supporting ~8 SVPs, ~2500 FTEs, and ~$1B of annual spend.
The Sr. Director R&D Finance will serve as the finance lead to guide overall resource allocation across the Development Functions - balancing a variety of non-financial (e.g., risk, speed, quality) and financial (e.g., efficiency/productivity, etc.) metrics in partnership with the functional leaders. Central to this work is a new capability around workforce strategy - understanding the portfolio demands and thinking through creative ways to service this demand through FTEs, CWs, CROs, and other alternate resource models. These are emerging capabilities for Gilead and for the Development Functions so the leader will have an opportunity to shape and guide this critical cross-functional work.
In addition to being the overall team lead, this person will be responsible for developing and coaching a team of 5-7 people to be seen as the go to for strategic and financial analysis.Lastly, this role will be responsible for the completion of effective and efficiency financial forecasts and insightful reporting - through LE/Budgets, monthly/quarterly closing, and various ad hoc analyses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Team Leadership: Demonstrates ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls. They will lead, attract, train & develop a team of highly capable skilled finance professionals to support the Commercial business.
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo. Will be viewed by business partners and Finance colleagues as a thought leader with strong, influencing capabilities, who can also maintain open and transparent communication channels.
Capabilities and Requirements:
- BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 14+ years of finance experience with increasing scope and responsibility, with a minimum of 5 years of management experience. 12+ years of experience with an MBA.
- Prior experience in resource modeling and analyses
- Prior experience in biotech or pharma is strongly preferred
- Experience in high growth, multinational organization is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director-R-D-Finance--Development-Functions-_R0021044-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency