Release Management Lead
Release Management Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Worldwide Infrastructure & Operations - Infrastructure Services organization provides the full range of infrastructure services to Gilead's business users globally. This team aims to provide infrastructure services that are reliable, accessible, feature-rich, and easy to use for all users. From the business standpoint, we aim to build a highly effective team that provides services that are cost-effective, proactively managed, and financially responsible and transparent to our stakeholders.
The Release Management Lead supervises as part of a team that coordinates, conducts and performs continuous improvements on the Release Management process for Gilead's Information Technology Department.
Responsibilities of the Release Management Lead include:
- Transform the Release Management function to adopt the DevOps, CD/CI (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, and Agile frameworks
- Responsible for leading team in scheduling, planning, testing, communication, release, deployment for applications, tools and infrastructure releases
- Develop, track and report on release effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency metrics
- Serve as Management Incident Commander with On-Call Rotation
- Design, develop and make presentations for non-technical members on release management and associated topics-translate technical language into business language as needed to bridge the gap between business and technology professionals engaged in the full product value stream
- High School Degree and Nine Years Experience OR Associate\'s Degree and Seven Years Experience OR Bachelor\'s Degree and Five Years Experience OR Masters Degree and Three Years Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Release Management, Software Release cycles, Project Management, or software development
- Familiarity with automation tools for the Release Management and Version Management processes
- Direct experience with Project Management (Agile and Waterfall)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI)
- Experience with management of globally dispersed technical delivery teams with the full range of applications and IT tools
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies
- Strong PC experience and knowledge
- Strong software/application delivery experience and knowledge
- Solid background in building roadmaps, create and execute on a strategic vision
- Strong implementation and support experience in software development
- Experience in the pharmaceutical setting with FDA and other compliance requirements
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and relationship-building skills, and can collaborate at all levels
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Release-Management-Lead_R0017622-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency