VP, Global Commercial Product Strategy, Oncology TA Lead
VP, Global Commercial Product Strategy, Oncology TA Lead
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Commercial Product Strategy, this individual creates the long-term and integrated commercial vision of the therapeutic area for Oncology. This position represents the therapeutic area from a commercial perspective to provide insight and input into the drug development process including clinical trial design, clinical endpoints, lifecycle management, and portfolio prioritization. The therapeutic area lead ensures the key commercial strategic issues for all brands and assets are identified and acted upon. In addition, they will lead a team of 20+ responsible for the global commercialization of the oncology portfolio consisting of multiple late stage assets, multiple early internal pipeline assets, and an external opt in pipeline encompassing dozens of clinical studies across disease areas. She/he also partners with cross-functional leaders such as Medical Affairs, Value and Access, Clinical Development, and Government Affairs and other functions to create a unified therapeutic area strategy. In addition, it is critical to partner with Region Heads, General Managers, and other key affiliate leaders to ensure our global with local operating model is successful and drives optimal results.
This individual will lead a team responsible for Oncology portfolio including global launch planning for new products, overseeing the marketing of approved products across markets, partnering with business development, commercial shepherding of pipeline assets and Oncology therapeutic area disease strategy. This is a newer therapeutic area for Gilead and an opportunity to build the strategy and organization, including alignment with key external partnerships.
The successful therapeutic area leader will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of strategy and team leadership in Oncology across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. S/he must have the proven ability to effectively manage complex and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across the organization and communicate with senior leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic commercial environment.
- Develop and execute on a holistic Oncology therapeutic area strategic vision to balance near-term and long- term priorities and commit to a course of action to accomplish established goals.
- Providing strategic thinking to allow for identification of future market opportunities, review of the franchise portfolio and prioritization of opportunities for internal research, and external opportunities for potential acquisition or partnering
- Through partnership with Oncology TA Leaders and Oncology Program Strategy Leaders across the organization, ensure the commercial perspective and strategy is well articulated, communicated, and agreed to by relevant parties (including our partners at Kite as appropriate) for key decisions
- Build out, lead and develop an industry leading team of ~20+ responsible for the global commercialization of the oncology portfolio consisting of multiple late stage assets with rich lifecycle plans, multiple early internal pipeline assets, and an external opt in pipeline encompassing dozens of clinical studies across disease areas
- Represent commercial leadership on multiple partnership Joint Steering Committees
- Decision maker on oncology governance committees
- Direct the development of life cycle plans for compounds from IND stage through loss of exclusivity
- Oversee early stage molecule commercial assessment, market research and pipeline strategies.
- Lead the development of disease area strategies for the critical therapeutic areas within the scope of the therapeutic area.
- Oversee the development of launch planning for new products including a differentiating strategy, unique branding, compelling positioning, key messaging and the overall global launch campaign.
- Provide oversight into the development of pipeline products including an integrated evidence plan that will differentiate the product for marketing and reimbursement, identify clinical endpoints and outcomes for clinical trials and real-world evidence generation that are meaningful for physicians and patients, and lead to product differentiation.
- Coordinate and cooperate cross-functionally with R&D, Medical Affairs, Government Affairs, Value and Access, Health Economics and other functions as required to carry out the therapeutic area strategy and ensure strategic solutions carry a cross-functional perspective.
- Forge strong working relationships with regional commercial partners, cross functional leadership and senior executives.
- Support assessment, evaluation, and integration of Business Development deals.
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and inclusion.
- Integrative decision-making considering alternatives and trade-offs based on logical assumptions, available resources, constraints and organizational values
- Strong strategic thinking using knowledge of economic, financial, market and industry trends to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics
- Technical expertise in end to end lifecycle management of a brand, launch planning and execution, and disease area assessment; support of R&D through the drug development process; and evaluation of business development and pipeline opportunities
- Expertise in the field of Oncology with a solid understanding of the disease, epidemiology, humanistic and cultural dynamics in the field, and the underlying science underpinning the various approaches toward treatment and prevention of disease
- Effectively communicates with and influences others and seen as a thought partner to senior leaders in the organization and is able to use effective persuasion to gain acceptance of ideas
- Supports the development of team and individual's knowledge, skills and abilities so they can fulfil job responsibilities more effectively and efficiently
- An inspiring leader garnering trust and motivating individuals and teams toward higher levels of engagement and performance aligned with the organizations needs and vision.
- Fifteen plus years' experience working in the biopharmaceutical industry in marketing and sales roles with increasing responsibilities, complexity and accountabilities; experience working in global markets such the European Union, Japan or other major markets is highly desirable
- Experience in both in-line and global marketing
- Five or more years of experience marketing in the Oncology therapeutic area
- BA/BS degree required; an MBA and/or advanced scientific or medical degree highly desired
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/VP--Global-Commercial-Product-Strategy--Oncology-TA-Lead_R0020941-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency