Senior Associate, Regulatory Affairs, Liaison - Virology
Senior Associate, Regulatory Affairs, Liaison - Virology
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Position Overview: Unique opportunity to be a regional/global regulatory strategist for approved products in the dynamic Virology team at Gilead. Collaborate with talented cross functional teams in this foundational therapeutic space at Gilead.
- May lead designated regional regulatory activities of the Regulatory Project Team.
- Represents regional Regulatory Affairs or may serve as Regional Lead on cross-functional/cross-regional Regulatory Submission Teams.
- May participate on other Subteams (e.g., Study Management, Clinical, Nonclinical, Biomarkers).
- Responsible for preparing and submitting moderately complex regulatory documents which require interactions with departments outside of Regulatory Affairs for investigational and commercial products, in line with ICH requirements, regional requirements and scientific and company policies and procedures. Examples include safety reports, amendments, supplements and license renewals to clinical trial applications and marketing authorizations, and original INDs/CTAs and NDAs/MAAs for assigned territories.
- Responsible for development and acquisition of required regulatory skills and knowledge, under guidance of immediate manager.
- May initiate or contribute to local process improvements which have an impact on the working of the Regulatory Affairs function or other departments.
- Participates in group meetings and presents project status updates and strategic approaches to moderately complex programs/projects.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on several projects with tight timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of regulatory requirements, including ICH requirements and regional requirements for assigned territories.
- Work is performed under minimal direction of a senior Regulatory Affairs professional.
- Is recognized as a knowledgeable resource within the department on limited topics.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or other relevant industry experience with BS/BA
- 4+ years of experience in Regulatory Affairs or other relevant industry experience with advanced degree
- Degree in a scientific field is preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Regulatory-Affairs--Liaison--Virology_R0019876-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency