Sr Manager, Investor Relations
Sr Manager, Investor Relations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 12,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 25 marketed products that are benefitting millions of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Investor Relations (IR) who will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of the investor relations program, with a focus on oncology. Reporting to the Director of Investor Relations, the Senior Manager, IR will be a critical member of the Investor Relations team that communicates Gilead's research programs, commercial and financial performance to the investment community.
The role will require a keen understanding of Gilead's products, pipeline, operations and corporate strategy to help make decisions that contribute to the company\'s strategic goals. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Partnering with Executive Management
- Prepare deep dives, presentations, and reports for senior leadership, including briefing sheets and product primers, analyst research, investor interactions and Wall Street consensus
- Support the creation of materials related to the quarterly earnings call, including: investor presentation, fact sheet, Q&A development, financial materials, earnings press release, scripts and transcript reviews, as well as other ad hoc analytical requests
Operations and Cross Functional Partnering
- Build strong internal networks with groups including Public Affairs, Clinical Development, Medical, Commercial, Legal, Corporate Accounting, Treasury and FP&A to prepare Investor Relations materials, including script, slides, and Q&A documents
- Lead discussions with business unit partners throughout the company to cultivate deep subject matter expertise across product areas, particularly for oncology
- Proactively stay current on all company and competitor business activities to effectively articulate the company's growth strategy and competitive advantages
- Contribute to both external and internal awareness and education projects by staying on top of market dynamics, the competitive landscape, and emerging scientific areas.
Investor Community Engagement
- Perform competitive and cross divisional analysis of the industry peers and monitor public disclosures from investor presentations, conferences, press releases, etc.
- Drive initiatives to communicate with key stakeholders in the investment community the company's CSR efforts and performance on environmental, social, and governance issues
- Learn and master Investor Relations best practices including principles of materiality and fair disclosure
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience with a BS/BA or 6+ years with Masters
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in moving from analysis to action
- Great project management skills with attention to detail
- Able to distill complex scientific and business information into clear and effective statements
- Work effectively with colleagues across the organization and build credibility with senior leadership
- Able to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment and have a roll up the sleeves attitude
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced scientific degree or business degree
- Biotech or healthcare experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Investor-Relations_R0018238-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency