Director, Analytics & Insights
Director, Analytics & Insights
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity for an Analytics & Insights Director, to join the Global Analytics & Insights team, supporting the leadership team for the ACE region (Australia, Canada and Europe). This position will be based at our Stockley Park regional headquarters in Uxbridge, reporting to the Senior Director, Global Analytics & Reporting.
This exciting role is responsible for supporting the regional leadership team with reporting and forecasting processes plus insight and decision support across all therapy areas, as well as partnering and collaborating with A&I leads in core markets in the region. Process improvement is another key aspect of the role, and when planning improvements to our forecasting tools and processes across the region, the role will be empowered to conduct a review of global forecasting tools and processes to look for opportunities to harmonize and make processes more effective.
The desired candidate would have previous experience of forecasting, analytics and insight in the pharma/biotech industry, preferably with both affiliate and above-country experience.
Summary of Role and Requirements:
Main areas of work:
- Co-ordination and consolidation of regional reporting and forecasting processes
- Business partnership, analysis and decision support to regional leadership
- Partnering and collaborating with A&I leads in core markets across the region
- Managing forecasting platform and processes used by affiliates across the region
- Process improvement including review of global forecasting tools and processes
Key requirements can be summarized as a blend of technical and softer skills:
- Good experience and understanding of BI/analytics, market research and forecasting for pharmaceuticals in secondary care setting (hospital/specialist) & key data sources eg IQVIA
- Relevant therapy area experience highly advantageous
- Highly numerate with strong Excel skills and able to convey data through charts/powerpoint
- Experience of other relevant tools beneficial e.g. forecasting tools such as i2e or IQVIA Horizon, analytics tools such as Tableau or MicroStrategy, or advanced analytics techniques
- Project management, co-ordination, cross-functional leadership & stakeholder management
- Ability to work in partnership with other team members and senior leadership, other functions and affiliates, sometimes in an influencing/leading role, sometimes in a supporting role
- Ability to engage, manage and work in partnership with multiple stakeholders, senior leaders, other team members, functions & affiliates, sometimes in an influencing/leading role, sometime in a supporting role.
- Commercial perspective and interpersonal skills required to understand the big picture and political sensitivities, and contribute to tactical discussions
- Resilience under pressure, proactivity/tenacity/positivity, and a drive for excellence
- Supports senior leaders, providing business partnership, insight and decision support
- Holds routine and ad-hoc meetings with A&I leads in core markets across the region, offers support and timely communication to promote effective collaboration to meet business needs
- Continually looks for ways to improve processes, promotes new technologies where appropriate, works towards vision of a single global team & more global and cutting-edge approach to key activities
- Helps support timely and effective flow of data and KPIs throughout the organization
- Orchestrates requirements for regional forecasting and reporting processes, mapping out processes and timelines (in partnership with finance), project managing to meet deadlines
- Liaises with therapy area leads within the GA&I team to co-ordinate efforts of A&I teams around the region and ensure delivery of analysis, insight and forecast outputs as required
- Consolidates and quality-checks regional deliverables and story across all therapy areas
- Liaises with vendor to manage regional forecasting platform and processes
- Leans on supports from other team members, IT and external vendors as necessary to meet the analytics and reporting needs of regional leadership
- Provides strategic input to help shape direction & focus of relevant functional areas and ways of working
- Engages in broader cross-functional projects and processes as necessary such as strategic resource planning, planning for new product launches and build-outs for new therapy areas
- Recommends market research if necessary to support regional leadership business needs
- Partners with other members of GA&I and Global Com Ops team, across different time zones
- May pick up other projects and tasks with a broader remit as member of Global A&I/CO team
- Assists in development and dissemination of routine KPI reporting
- Applies strategic thinking, commercial acumen, market understanding and analysis of competitive environment to recognize/interpret business issues/risks/opportunities, making impactful recommendations
- Advises senior-level internal customers on forecasting assumptions, inputs and outputs
- Enables base-case and scenario modeling to support decision-making
- Independently leads projects and coordinates input from cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Provides thought leadership through the proper application of analytical techniques.
- Confidently presents recommendations & findings to various stakeholders in the organization.
- Applies strategic thinking and communicates complex analytics in a clear & concise manner.
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships in the Commercial organization, consistently demonstrating a thorough understanding of internal customers' business needs, processes, and priorities.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Relevant experience across all areas of sales/marketing analytics & insights (analysis, market research and forecasting), preferably in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Sales and Marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources.
- Experience in quantitative & qualitative primary & secondary market research advantageous.
- Experience in both forecasting and scenario modelling is desirable.
- Highly numerate with proven data analysis and interpretation skills, and ability to meaningfully portray quantitative data in graphical form.
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses.
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with an ability to understand the \'big picture\'.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, able to influence broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Good communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing. Able to communicate clearly in a manner that gets messages across to colleagues. Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical members of senior management.
- Track record for excellent project management skills such as planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required.
- Self-starter, able to learn quickly and multi-task to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities.
- High level of resourcefulness and problem solving skills under pressure are critical.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong skills using other MS software (Word & PowerPoint, etc.) required. Experience in BI software (eg Tableau) or advanced analytics advantageous.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Director--Analytics---Insights_R0022855-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency