Associate Director, Human Resources
Associate Director, Human Resources
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the head of HR for Gilead in Ireland, this position will be responsible for directly delivering a suite of HR services for Gilead's operations across 2 sites located in Cork (Manufacturing Operations and Financial Shared Services). The position will also contribute towards the execution and achievement of Gilead's people strategy across all of Gilead's operations in Ireland.
Job duties include:
- Serves as a consultant to client group management and is responsible for identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business objectives, as well as strategic direction.
- Acts as integrated part of the business, working with and advising the managers of respective client groups to support the accomplishment of broader business objectives.
- Drives the talent management strategy and process for client groups.
- Designs, develops and delivers learning and development interventions to support career progression and employee development.
- Identifies, evaluates, develops and implements employee engagement initiatives to support employee retention strategies.
- Supports client groups with executing annual schedule of HR programs (Performance Management, Compensation Review, Talent Management, Engagement Surveys etc.)
- Participates on global HR initiatives that may require taking the lead on HR projects within the client group.
- Partners with HR COEs to deliver both standard support processes and customised programs and services to client groups.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and Gilead policies.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of talent management programs and processes with a particular emphasis on identifying, designing and supporting development strategies to maximise the talent pool.
- A proven track record in designing, developing, evaluating, and delivering learning and development strategies and career progression programs.
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing employee engagement strategies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Must possess conflict management and resolution skills.
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to discuss the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (training, compensation, benefits, etc.) with management.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Associate-Director--Human-Resources_R0022899
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency