Financial Systems Director- Corporate Financial Reporting
Financial Systems Director- Corporate Financial Reporting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company\'s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
Gilead's Controllership team is a diverse group of professionals in an atmosphere of inclusion. We value individuals with unique talents, expertise and backgrounds whose efforts will advance Gilead's mission to help millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
We are seeking a Financial Systems Director for our Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) team within the Controllership organization. This individual will serve as a strategic and results driven leader who understands accounting and finance processes and has extensive financial systems experience (with high volumes of data in a complex multi-currency global environment).
- Lead operational support to the users of our financial reporting systems and act as lead for enterprise-wide financial system projects.
- Serve as a business process owner for various areas of our SAP ERP implementation and other financial system initiatives.
- Lead the evaluation, selection and implementation of a new consolidation tool or the execution of enhancements to the existing consolidation tool.
- Partners closely with Finance and Accounting teams and related constituents throughout the company and with our IT and infrastructure business partners to deliver seamless service.
- Provide leadership to users of the financial consolidation and reporting systems including support for the global month-end close and consolidations that involve data from a large number of general ledgers and multi-jurisdictional legal entities, and various foreign currency exchange rates as well as support for internal and external financial reporting.
- Provide vision and work cross-functionally to identify, recommend, and implement financial system related process improvements and enhance efficiency and quality of financial reporting and analytics
- Deliver high quality results in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Lead data and system integrations and/or disintegration for acquisitions and divestures, system modifications and data flow changes related to the implementation of new accounting standards, the implementation of cash flow in the consolidation tool as well as other reporting projects (intercompany, currency translation and remeasurement, etc.)
- 12+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 10 years relevant experience with a Master's Degree including 3 years of management experience
- Hands-on experience and understanding of highly complex legal entity accounting and reporting, consolidation accounting, acquisitions, divestitures, currency translation and remeasurement accounting
- Extensive experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Hyperion Planning, etc.) including data conversions and data mapping across multiple ERPs and Consolidation/Reporting systems
- Big-4 audit firms, financial systems or advisory experience preferred
- CPA or equivalent work experience required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Financial-Systems-Director--Corporate-Financial-Reporting_R0022828
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency