Director, Brand Strategy-HIV Treatment
Director, Brand Strategy-HIV Treatment
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Director - Brand Strategy - HIV Treatment
Foster City, CA OR Stockley Park, UK
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Making an impact on a global scale
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV. Despite tremendous advances in the field, HIV remains a global epidemic with an unequally heavy impact among marginalized populations.
In this role, you will be a member of the Global Commercial Product Strategy HIV Treatment Team reporting to the Executive Director and will be responsible for:
- Identifying, analyzing and translating brand, customer and market insights to frame and solve key business problems and build effective marketing plans
- Developing and implementing innovative and impactful commercial initiatives and tactics aligned with the brand global strategic imperatives
- Engaging and collaborating with Local Markets, Medical Affairs, Value and Access, Analytics and Insights, Competitive Intelligence, Commercial Operations, Clinical Development, Governmental Affairs and Public Affairs to develop and drive the implementation of the global marketing strategy
- Continually evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of promotional initiatives and tactics and refining plans where necessary as well as sharing best practices across markets and other brand teams
- Effectively leading projects to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion within allotted budget to meet deadlines and commitments and ensuring regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking an individual with:
- B.A. or B.S. (required), MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree (preferred)
- At least 10 years of relevant commercial experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- HIV-specific experience and market knowledge (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and interpret complex issues and provide appropriate recommendations across functional areas
- Demonstrated skills in global pharmaceutical planning including the ability to implement multi-channel marketing and business plans such as branded and unbranded campaign development and tactical planning and budgeting
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence and work successfully across a variety of organizational levels and disciplines
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and working collaboratively effectively and managing multiple priorities and projects
- Strong ability to influence and lead cross-functionally to drive the business
- Proven ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a customer focus which drives the need for quality deliverables and performance
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--Brand-Strategy-HIV-Treatment_R0022840-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency