Assoc Director, Public Affairs (HIV/HCV)
Assoc Director, Public Affairs (HIV/HCV)
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, Creating Possible drives everything we do. It's evident in our mission and core values. This is how we built a culture of excellence that is fueled by a passion for improving the lives of people around the world and advancing the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases.
We are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based bio pharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, hematology, oncology, and inflammatory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Public Affairs for Canada, the Associate Director role requires a seasoned Public Affairs professional who will be responsible for developing and implementing communication programs and community engagement efforts to proactively share Gilead's perspective on our key therapy areas, primarily HIV and liver disease.
You will work closely with the cross-functional Canadian team, in addition to Public Affairs colleagues globally and within ACE (Australia, Canada and Europe), to communicate the value that our medicines deliver throughout their lifecycle.
How you will help us \'Create Possible\':
- Develop and implement communication programs specific to our key therapeutic areas, with a specific focus on HIV and liver disease
- Coordination with cross-functional colleagues to ensure alignment and collaboration on business priorities and messaging across different stakeholders
- Examine complex issues from a broader organization perspective, determine communications opportunities and develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare communication materials, including strategic programs, key messages, Q&A documents, press releases, presentations etc.
- Develop/strengthen relationships with a wide variety of community advocates, organizations and professionals and champion patient engagement in appropriate cross-functional projects
- Increase understanding of patient sentiment and unmet need through regular advisory boards, community listening sessions and stakeholder engagement opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with key media, respond to media requests and arrange interviews with management and opinion leader spokespeople as appropriate
- Effectively manage public relations agency relationships, such as providing direction and project management
- Manage budgets to target
- Understand the regulatory framework in Canada and compliantly manage internal approvals and interactions with the review team.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in public affairs, media and advocacy, including previous experience working in health care and/or HIV and liver disease
- Ability to understand and accurately communicate complex science
- Demonstrated experience in media relations (traditional and social), issues management; knowledge of healthcare and industry media and reporting trends
- Experience managing multiple projects (timelines, budgets, priorities) simultaneously; flexibility and results-oriented focus are essential
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with senior management and high-profile experts appropriately, with confidence and ease
- Knowledge of the Canadian political/health policy environment, including processes and key stakeholders, is strongly preferred
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Curious with a strong learning agility (the ability to rapidly study, analyze and understand new situations and business problems)
- Operationally excellent and resilient in the context of a rapidly changing environment
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (doing what\'s right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Gilead Leadership Commitment:
- I AM BOLD in aspiration and AGILE in execution.
- \u200bI CARE and make time for people.
- \u200bI LISTEN, speak openly and explain the "why."
- \u200bI TRUST others and myself to make sound decisions.
- \u200bI OWN the impact of my words and actions.
We are committed to creating a healthier world for everyone - no matter the challenges ahead of us. Through bold and transformative science, we're driving innovation that has the potential to become the next generation of life-changing medicines. Our ambition is evident in our mission. Because the impossible is not impossible. It's what's next.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Assoc-Director--Public-Affairs--HIV-HCV-_R0021859-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency