Executive Director, Development Systems - Shared Solutions
Executive Director, Development Systems - Shared Solutions
United States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Executive Director, Development Systems (Shared Solutions)
Reporting to the head of Development Systems, the Executive Director, Development Systems (Shared Solutions) provides functional leadership, oversight, and strategic direction for Shared Solutions, a centralized department that provides application development services, technology training, technology portfolio consultation, centralized validation services, and systems support to multiple Development departments, including but not limited to Clinical Operations, Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs, and Clinical Data Science. In this role, you will lead and develop a highly capable team of Directors with a broader staff of approximately 40 employees and contractors across multiple regions.
- Responsible for oversight, strategic direction and implementation of systems-related projects under Shared Solutions' purview, ensuring project milestones and budgets and system requirements are met
- Collaborates with functional subject matter experts in the development, integration, and life cycle management of systems to achieve one or more of the following: increased efficiency through automation, improved workflows, standardization, or system simplification; higher system adoption; better quality outputs and metrics, improved analytics capabilities
- Contributes to the development and update of the Development organization's digital strategy and technology roadmaps in close collaboration with business and IT partners
- Initiates continuous improvement efforts, identifies and develops best practices, and enforces standardization when appropriate throughout the system implementation lifecycle
- Provides system selection, implementation, and integration architecture decision making and consultation
- Travels nationally and internationally as required
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 16 years or Master's degree with 14 years of relevant systems/process/operations experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to lead multifunctional regionally distributed teams, and to manage and develop employees
- Demonstrated excellence in forging and maintaining collaborative, positive and long-lasting partnerships with system stakeholders: functional leaders, end-system user communities, IT, external partners
- Demonstrated excellence in initiating, leading, or providing strategic direction for multiple concurrent departmental or interdepartmental projects and initiatives
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing resource plans, developing RFPs, selecting vendors, and managing external resources
- Extensive experience with CTMS, and eTMF systems
- Proven ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex problems and address long-range goals and objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of the pharmaceutical development process, including regulatory requirements and their impact on the conduct of clinical trials
- Applied understanding of computer system validation methodology, development, and execution
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and present technical and advanced organizational concepts to internal and external customers
- Experience in effectively prioritizing departmental projects against a multi-million-dollar annual budget
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States--Remote/Executive-Director--Development-Systems---Shared-Solutions_R0022843-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency