Sr. Research Scientist II - Discovery Virology
Sr. Research Scientist II - Discovery Virology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and innovative scientist with a background in immunology and strong interest in investigating novel approaches to achieve antiretroviral free viral control or cure of HIV infection. The goal of our team is to conduct rigorous pre-clinical testing of the most promising approaches and to rapidly advance them to clinical trials. The successful candidate will lead drug discovery teams and evaluate opportunities for targeting latently infected cells and achieving long term immune-mediated control of HIV.
- Design and oversee research to identify and evaluate new molecular targets, therapeutic concepts, and therapeutic agents for HIV
- Build internal expertise in the understanding of HIV immunology and latency
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues in the virology, protein engineering, chemistry, drug metabolism, drug safety, biomarker, bioinformatics, and clinical groups
- Mentor a group of highly effective scientific staff, including Research Scientists and/or Associates, in the initiation and execution of laboratory experiments
- Proactively evaluate new technologies and develop new assays to enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms
- Identify and support relevant external collaborations and evaluations of business development opportunities
- Present research findings and recommendations to senior scientific leadership team and contribute to
preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- PhD or equivalent degree in immunology, virology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related scientific discipline and minimum of 7 years of experience after post-doctoral fellowship in industry or academia. Title to be adjusted commensurate with experience.
- Demonstrated ability to execute well-designed, decision-making experiments
- Experience in general molecular and cell biology methods, primary tissue culture, cell separation / expansion and immunological techniques
- Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results
- Ability to synthesize complex scientific problems into a strategy and tactics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Research-Scientist-II---Discovery-Virology_R0022697
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency