Financial Assistant II
Financial Assistant II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Gilead Sciences Undergraduate CFO Development Rotational Program is for university and college graduates seeking entry into biotech by providing a rotational opportunity within the CFO functions of Gilead Sciences. The CFO organization is inclusive of Finance, IT, Operations, and Corporate Development and Strategy. Finance is a unique function that supports every area of the business by providing financial leadership, setting company strategy, and managing the financials by helping to analyze budgets and forecast and maximize profits.
Upon hiring, participants will rotate through two assignments over the course of 2-3 years, with each assignment providing an opportunity to learn about the different finance functional areas. After completion of the rotations, participants will continue to develop their careers by aligning to an open position in Gilead.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reporting including monthly financials, revenue reporting, and functional expense reporting.
- Conduct analyses for middle and upper management and makes recommendations on reporting changes, entries and adjustments, pricing strategy, and/or forecasts.
- Participates in the development and coordination of the annual planning calendar, budget and forecasts.
- Recommends improvements to planning processes and systems.
- Support Gilead's on-going close and forecast activities.
- Participate in compliance record keeping.
- Contribute effectively to cross-functional project teams and teams across the CFO organization.
Product / Service:
- Understand how Gilead advances patient care through research and development
- Learn how Gilead provides physicians with resources to better care for their patients
- Gain exposure into how Gilead Commercial Operations reaches our patients
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
- Work in a corporate finance environment
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
- Develop team-based work competencies.
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with employees.
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with day-to-day business contacts through follow up calls
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with external clients.
Candidate / Student Requirements:
- Graduate with a 3.5 GPA or better.
- Interest in the health care industry
- Energetic, organized and detailed skilled with today's technology.
- Ability to dedicate 40 hours per week to the program.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work thrive in a team-based environment
- Independent worker.
- Opportunity to start a career in the biotechnology industry after graduation.
- Participants will have sufficient knowledge after rotations necessary to determine the direction of their finance career.
- You will develop skills vitally important in today's business environment including Team - based interaction, the ability to manage outcome without having direct authority over others and the capability to aid in the definition and the direction of the local firm's initiatives.
- You will gain a full understanding of the day-to-day operations of a biotechnology organization.
- This role is based in the Gilead Sciences headquarters (Foster City, California)
Visit us online: www.Gilead.com
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Financial-Assistant-II_R0022880
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency