Postdoctoral Fellow - Military HIV Research Program
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support the Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) located at the Laboratory of Adjuvant and Antigen Research (LAAR) at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to MHRP.
Responsible for initiating and independently carrying out research projects in the field of infectious diseases in collaboration with a research team. Pursuits research along a focused line of inquiry with a focus on manuscript development, and has strong communication skills in written and verbal English.
- Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing pre-clinical scientific research and/or development in the field of infectious disease vaccine-adjuvant development, with a particular focus on HIV infection that will lead to high impact scientific publications. (30%)
- Analyzes binding and functional immune responses to candidate HIV-1 and other infectious disease vaccines using state-of-the art techniques. (20%)
- Performs specialized laboratory research by developing or utilizing experimental protocols which involves specialized procedures. (20%)
- Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments. (10%)
- Assists with the preparation of data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals. (10%)
- Reads pertinent scientific literature and prepares manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals and assists in the preparation of scientific reports for funded projects. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data, must have practical experience in flow cytometry, tissue culture, and immunological assays, ability to write research papers and grants, excellent communication skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Minimum Education: Doctoral degree is required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 0-5 years of work experience is required.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow - Military HIV Research Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly