Senior Oncology Quality Assurance Nurse Practitioner
AccessHope • Remote
At AccessHope, we're Fighting cancer with everything we know™
by putting the ever-growing body of cancer knowledge to work for the greater good. Through a revolutionary employer health benefits offering, we remotely connect employees with cancer support services from National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Instead of requiring those who have been diagnosed with cancer to come to the centers for renowned cancer expertise, AccessHope brings their support to the patient and their local oncologist-wherever they're located-to improve care, outcomes, and value.
Hopeful for those we support, rebellious in our approach, and collaborative by breaking down barriers, AccessHope is seeking a Senior Oncology QA Nurse Practitioner
to help us uniquely deploy the latest cancer knowledge to the places it's needed most. As an ideal candidate, you'll work independently and as part of a team, collaborate with subject matter experts, physicians, nurse practitioners, clinical specialists, and leadership to develop high quality medical narratives documenting the diagnosis, course of treatment, clinical outcomes; and other facets of care for oncology patients utilizing AccessHope services template and methodologies. Provides documents in compliance with AccessHope standard formats and documentation standards. The Senior Oncology QA NP is a facilitator and change agent, committed to lifelong learning, professional development, and embodiment of AccessHope's organizational mission and values.
- Contributes to the ongoing development and education of clinical staff
- Oversees the clinical summary drafted by the Oncology Nurse Writer that documents treatment regimen recommendations through quality control activities
- Oversees the clinical recommendations provided by AccessHope physicians through quality control activities
- Reviews patient records to create a clinical summary of a patient's diagnosis and treatment timeline
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality
- Enhances professional growth and development by reviewing current literature, attending educational programs, workshops, and in-services
- Collaborates with teammates and utilizes the AccessHope on-line library
- Follow established AccessHope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and compliance Plan
- Practice a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality
- Embody the team vision
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Master's degree in Nursing
- 5 or more years of NP experience in an outpatient or medical oncology practice. Ability to assess, diagnose, stage, and provide treatment recommendations.
- Current Nurse Practitioner license
- Advanced Oncology Nurse Practitioner certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience working with both solid and hematology malignancies. Knowledge and experience in quality controlling clinical narrative summaries of patient diagnosis and treatment plans. Experience with narrative writing or drafting clinical summaries.
AccessHope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Oct 14, 2021
- Job Field: Allied Health
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job