United Kingdom - Liverpool
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Therapeutic Specialist - HIV
Cheshire, Mersey & North Wales
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join the Commercial Team as a Therapeutic Specialist for HIV in the Cheshire, Mersey & North Wales territory.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Responsible for consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory through account focus and prioritizing activity on key targets.
- Represents Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base across the territory.
- Utilizes a level of HIV product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals.
- Together with territory team partner prepares business plan, assigns activity and communicates required actions to achieve goals. Prepares territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures to drive outcomes in business plan and is accountable jointly for spend.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and business plans and can present regular performance updates both verbally and in writing
- May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services. May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, Regional Market access, Marketing, Outcomes and Support Services and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians.
- Builds and extends business relationships with key customers or within accounts.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating account plans in Teams, reviews ARC, expenses etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role.
- Complies with all regulatory agencies and company SOP's to required standard at all time.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Must be self-motivated but also able to work successfully with a territory team partner on the Gilead HIV portfolio
- There is ownership of the sales portfolio as well as aspects of joint accountability.
- Previous pharmaceutical hospital account experience is essential and relevant therapeutic working knowledge is desirable
- Proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship building skills is required
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree and a proven track record of highly successful selling experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Prior experience in appropriate therapeutic area desirable but consistent achievement of sales and account working more important
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective.
- Curious with learning agility.
- Operationally excellent.
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation.
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Inclusion (do not exclude anyone on race, colour, sex or disability)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
For more information please visit Gilead.com
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Liverpool/Therapeutic-Specialist_R0022734-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency