Public Affairs Lead Mexico
Public Affairs Lead Mexico
Mexico - Mexico City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Public Affairs Lead is responsible for setting and executing the internal and external communications and stakeholder engagement strategies for Mexico, in alignment with the global Public Affairs team and in support of the region's business priorities. The position reports to the Senior Director of Intercontinental Public Affairs. This position will work closely with Gilead's Mexico general manager, other functional leaders and the PA network across Foster City and the International region. This leader will be a motivating force to others and develop positive relationships with cross-functional teams. This person will promote, enhance and protect Gilead's corporate reputation, enable the Mexico business goals and enhance Gilead's connection with our patients, community and relevant stakeholders in those markets. In partnership with the Senior Director, Intercontinental Public Affairs, this role will also provide targeted support for communications and advocacy activities in Brazil and Gilead's L9 Region.
- Oversee the development and execution of Mexico's external and internal communications strategy in support of the product portfolio and business objectives, anticipating short-, medium- and long-term needs. Strategy components include: media relations, advocacy relations, storytelling, reputation management, issues and crisis management, thought leadership, corporate and employee communications and content/channel planning.
- Create and implement an integrated external communications plan ensuring Gilead builds relationships with and delivers timely and accurate information to patient organizations, media and other relevant groups (e.g. trade associations) who influence the public discussion about our industry, therapeutic areas of focus and the general healthcare environment.
- Proactively manage and plan for potential issues and crises across Mexico.
- Align with other external facing functions to communicate consistent messaging across policymakers, patient groups, physicians, manufacturers and payers.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with business press, consumer media, key industry opinion leaders and external stakeholders.
- Partner with and provide key inputs to our global corporate and internal communications strategy by proactively driving Mexico content, stories and programs that support our overall corporate narrative and drive an engaged workforce.
- Drive communications strategy and execution.
- Ensure that local key messaging, narratives and FAQs scale to global teams, are integrated into our communication efforts and are consistent across channels.
- Support region, country, and project teams to plan and execute PA activities, conferences, and other events as needed.
- Working in collaboration with the Senior Director, Intercontinental Public Affairs, this role includes a focused scope of support for communications and advocacy activities in Brazil and the L9 Region.
- Apply data and insights to drive key objectives and establish reputational KPIs for Mexico.
- Champion the inclusion of the patient voice among cross-functional projects.
- Actively coach and develop the capabilities needed to advance the work of PA and help create an enriching and energizing work environment.
- Manage the Mexico PA budget and external agencies in an effective manner.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Extensive public affairs leadership experience, preferably in pharmaceutical or biotech, with significant experience in Mexico.
- Desire and ability to look ahead, anticipate industry trends, and align with external market factors and internal dynamics.
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at all levels. Ability to create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
- Seasoned storyteller and business-oriented communicator with a strong belief in Gilead's mission.
- Proven leadership and management skills in a matrixed environment, with strengths in development of talent and individuals as well as having influence without line reporting authority.
- Strong analytical experience, has worked in a data driven organization and understands how to apply and measure analytics.
- Expert in corporate communications, proven experience managing executive and crisis communications, and in the application of digital and social media tools and channels to communications programming.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, effectively analyzing and assessing opportunities and threats.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and effectively persuade others.
- Effective prioritization skills.
- Flexible, with strong judgment / decision-making skills, and political acumen and awareness.
- Ability to think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, build a course of action, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
- Ability to travel 30-40%
- Bachelors degree required, masters or MBA preferred, in relevant field.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Mexico---Mexico-City/Public-Affairs-Lead-Mexico_R0022475
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency