Sr Manager Finance - FP&A
Sr Manager Finance - FP&A
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['The Sr Manager Finance - FP&A will act as Business Process Owner (BPO) for Projects Mega Process as part of Gilead's SAP implementation. As a team player, the person works closely with external ERP implementation consultants to solve complex problems, help business functions to form strategies and assist execution.Success requires an individual to think strategically, connecting the dots of the bigger picture, as well as being comfortable in the details of the all key deliverables. Candidate must be self-motivated, comfortable working with minimal direction in a global, fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. The candidate should have expertise in the following areas: SAP Project System (PS), project management, capital budgeting or R&D FP&A.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Proactively understand use cases and business requirements to address FP&A and business challenges in transitioning to SAP.
- Processes in scope of this role include end-to-end project lifecycle management, financial planning and forecasting using PS, Fixed Assets and Prepaid, and project management reporting.
- An ability to adjust and adapt to the rolling out and day-to-day changes that transpire in the implementation of large projects.
- Assist in data conversion and migration from the Oracle into the SAP for all existing and new projects.
- Help to design, set-up, test, and deploy SAP PS solutions and ensure that all the pieces work together seamlessly.
- Addresses escalations by quickly assessing root causes and developing analysis and problem solutions.
- Assist and facilitate project-related testing, roll-out, training, and post-mortem work.
- Train super-users and general end users on SAP PS functionality with a goal of thorough and complete understanding of such functionality.
- Experience with SAP Project System (PS) practices in processing initial project setup and maintenance, approval workflow, budget and forecasting, internal and external sources planning and reporting, fixed asset management, and various management reporting.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess exceptional financial analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Independent Worker with Cross-Functional Orientation: The candidate must be a self-starter and have proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Continuous improvement: The individual will leverage expertise of functional groups and best practices to recommend systems and process improvements.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years in a financial planning and analysis role, preferably with ERP system implementation experience. Project management experience is highly desirable.
- A BA or BS degree is required.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and develop solutions for a variety of situations.
- Able to meet deadlines, multi-task, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Highly motivated, committed to drive change, continually improves processes and delivers results.
- Working knowledge of SAP PS and/or Oracle preferred.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2538703&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager-Finance---FP-A_R0022780-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency