Head of Market Access Colombia
Head of Market Access Colombia
Colombia - Bogota
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Head of Market Access is responsible for the company strategic and tactical leadership required to successfully drive present and future product portfolio market access. The key responsibilities of this role encompass the preparation of submission dossiers to local health authorities and private Institutions, data generation according to local regulation for market access, the development of price and reimbursement strategies, management/implementation of price negotiations and Stakeholders management.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes market access strategies and evidence generation plans to meet Health Authorities requirements aligned with country objectives.
- Works cross functionally with global and local medical and commercial functions to develop value propositions and messages tailored to multiple stakeholders including payers, clinicians, pharmacists and policy makers.
- Project lead (including day to day management) for national submissions, and pricing strategies working closely with regional stakeholder managers to ensure optimal patient access to new and existing Gilead products.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of innovative pricing strategies (including submissions)
- Monitor and ensure company compliance to local price regulations
- Develops and deploys market access solutions and tools to field teams (including training) facilitating service provision optimization and capacity for Gilead products
- Fosters key relationships with payers and Healthcare bodies, developing innovative solutions which are win-wins for patients, the broader healthcare system and Gilead Sciences.
- Anticipates and shapes future dynamics in the external environment impacting market access and reimbursement, working closely with global teams to convey requirements for programmed development to satisfy local needs
- Maintains strong compliance with all relevant internal policies, compliance and legal requirements
- To craft and implement an effective and efficient market access strategy. Lead the Access local team to implement an efficient Market Access Strategy.
- Track timelines to secure we obtain Institutional access and National and Institutional codes and label updates.
- Improve accuracy of health Institutions inventories by monitoring, recording and reporting their efficiency.
- Effective Management key interfaces with national and regional stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to assemble key stakeholders and lead all immediate and long-range planning associated with national business.
- Ensure the achievement of sales vs. target of Gilead through ensuring sales fulfillment, inventory levels, contract progress and tactical initiatives in all accounts nationwide
- Ensure an effective strategic direction and management of local distributors . Effective planning, organizing, leading and controlling all aspects around institutional sales.
- Ensure excellence in evidence generation, according to local guidelines and aligned to corporate policies.
- Lead the function of linkage to attention to ensure expected patient health outcomes for Gilead Therapeutic areas.
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge
- Must have advanced skills and expertise market access as well as advanced business judgement.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience working in a project-team environment.
- Strategic ability
- Political savvy
- Local legislation knowledge
- Ability to see local competitive positioning.
- Strong analytical ability; and an ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and complexity.
- A customer-focused service mentality towards both internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in and across a matrix management structure and to collaborate with an ability to work collaboratively with third party partners.
- Results orientation and drive, as evidenced by an ability to instil a sense of pace and urgency into the function
- Proven ability to develop strong strategic relationships with critical decision makers.
Education & Experience:
- Extensive strategic market access experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in the biotechnology or specialty care pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Prior working experience and expertise in Government relations, negotiations with government institutions, Tender processes and institutional budget allocation & Reimbursement.
- Desirable experience handling a BU and managing a P&L
- Strong knowledge of federal and state payer system.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- M.B.A. or equivalent preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Colombia---Bogota/Head-of-Market-Access-Colombia_R0022654
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency