Head of Medical Affairs, Colombia
Head of Medical Affairs, Colombia
Colombia - Bogota
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Head of Medical Affairs, Colombia, will serve as the primary scientific expert for Gilead's medicines in Colombia. The individual will establish and maintain strong scientific and clinical relationships with medical professionals, researchers, NGOs, public health officials, and other key stakeholders involved in treatment in-country and regionally. Outreach will be conducted in the context of the public health and socioeconomic issues impacting individual regions and countries in alignment with Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus. The person will work collaboratively within Medical Affairs and cross-functionally with other groups to ensure that all interactions regarding scientific and clinical education are conducted with the utmost rigor and ethical standards. The role will report to the Head of Medical Affairs for Latin America.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Define a strategic medical plan for the pertinent therapeutic areas (including but not limited to HIV, liver diseases, antifungals, inflammation, cancer, cell therapy, etc.) in collaboration with the Colombia General Manager and other pertinent stakeholders
- Engage in scientific exchange and communication with external audiences in Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus
- Identify, establish, and maintain scientific relationships with opinion leaders regarding disease-state and product-specific information
- Educate key stakeholders (government, insurers, NGOs, civil society, and others) on Gilead's clinical and pharmaco-economic data supporting products and therapeutic areas of focus
- Support the Clinical Operations organization as needed with Gilead-sponsored research and strengthen Gilead's presence in designated therapeutic areas (e.g. HIV, liver diseases, antifungals, inflammation, cancer, cell therapy, etc.)
- Serve as primary liaison with potential investigators interested in conducting investigator sponsored research (ISR)
- Maintain regular contact with investigators to monitor the progress of ISRs
- Attend and provide scientific support for Medical Affairs activities and scientific sessions at national, regional, and international conferences
- Lead and drive the medical training of IC region colleagues and regional business partners
- Support and partner with the Medical Information team as needed to execute their activities
- Serve as a medical/scientific resource for thought leaders through a thorough understanding of emerging information on our products, disease states, ideas and trends in patient care.
- Provides clear strategic guidance for the development and execution of the TA strategy, the medical Plans of Action (POAs) and cross-functional projects, including programs that involve non-traditional stakeholders
- Sets clear performance expectations that are aligned with company and department goals; monitors progress and delivers fair and effective performance reviews
- Plans and monitors the departmental budget
- Participates in the exchange with the medical community and maintains a thought leader network
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to embrace Gilead's patient-centric values and leadership commitments, including highest ethical and compliance standards.
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization.
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative, cross-functional environment with internal and external colleagues, including representatives of academia, research, and medical communities.
- Strong communication skills; able to effectively present and discuss scientific data.
- Ability to think strategically and to align medical, public health and commercial strategies
- Collaborating and Influencing
- An ability to work effectively with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to suggest solutions for issues encountered with clinical studies and other projects in area of responsibility
- Must be able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
- Strategic thinking
- Hands-on approach
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Business Acumen
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires MD, PharmD, DO or PhD degree with at least 5 years of public health, clinical and/or research experience in the following therapeutic areas: Oncology and/or cell therapy, HIV, liver diseases, antifungals and inflammation
- Extensive experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine. A postgraduate degree e.g. in Oncology, Infectious diseases.
- MBA would be considered as plus.
- Experience in clinical and/or research in infectious diseases, gastroenterology, and/or hepatology Is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish is required
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Colombia---Bogota/Head-of-Medical-Affairs--Colombia_R0022667
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency