Head of Commercial Operations Colombia
Head of Commercial Operations Colombia
Colombia - Bogota
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of Commercial Operations in Colombia and serves as the Commercial Operations partner for the GM. In addition, the candidate will work closely with BUDs and cross-functional partners to ensure services are rendered appropriately, and the quality of commercial operations deliverables is consistently high. The candidate will also work with the Intercontinental Commercial Operations (ICR) Center of Excellence (COE) leads to ensure critical Commercial Operations capabilities are delivered to Colombia. COE leads include Analytics & Insights, Commercial Learning & Development, Sales Analytics & Operations, Trade Operations, and Digital & Innovation.
The successful leader will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. She/he must have the proven ability to effectively manage a team as well as complex projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across a global organization and communicate with leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic commercial environment.
The responsibilities for this role include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Build strong working relationships with the GM and Business Unit Leads as well as cross-functional leaders (including Medical Affairs, Finance, Regulatory, BC/Legal, etc.), and all other leaders within Intercontinental Commercial Operations, and with external stakeholders to:
- Represent the needs of Colombia and maximize the support and value add of each functional area
- Optimally leverage their engagement and influence in critical market scenarios to drive performance
- Promote and share best practices, and collaborate on shared business issues / projects
- Lead the development of commercial best practices with other Intercontinental sub-regions:
- Advance best practice sharing and develop a body of customer and market knowledge / expertise within Colombia
- Identify country trends / innovative solutions applied in market, and evaluate opportunities arising for other markets
- Support the development of robust Commercial plans for Colombia including:
- Development of the 1-, 3- and 10-year plans aligned with the corporate planning cycles designed to achieve / exceed targets
- Work closely with FP&A partners to drive and support the quarterly business review process:
- Monitor the performance of market against plan and understand the dynamics in country
- Gain insight and identify the key issues requiring discussion
- Evaluate the rationale for latest estimates and forecasts and offer suggestions for improvement
- Ensure that Colombia Commercial Operations strategic plans, goals and objectives are documented, communicated, reviewed and evaluated on a continuous basis
- Ensure market stakeholders are engaged throughout CO work processes, continuously incorporating feedback to ensure relevance and inclusion
- Proactively engage with commercial groups to resolve issues, conflicts and interdependencies
- Develop relevant strategic frameworks, templates, and solutions to meet the evolving needs of the Commercial Operations capabilities
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations to large audiences
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead and influence without authority
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing, experience presenting before executive staff
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative problem solving and overcome resistance or barriers
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
Education & Experience:
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry including expertise in commercial operations, commercial strategy or planning, marketing and/or medical affairs, with increasing responsibilities and accountabilities, including management experience
- Commercial roles in Colombian market
- B.A./B.S. required (M.S./Ph.D. in Life Sciences, M.D or M.B.A. or equivalent preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Colombia---Bogota/Head-of-Commercial-Operations-Colombia_R0022666
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency